Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

1981 Honda CBX with only 3 miles??!!

If you've never seen or heard an inline six cylinder Honda CBX, they are quite the engineering feat of the late 70's/early 80's.  I would imagine there aren't too many out there with less than 5 miles, but there are currently two for sale in Idaho along with two CX650T turbo bikes, another interesting historical footnote in the early 80's.

Check them out here.  Somebody buy one of them!  

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.AdvSearchResultsNew&searchPg=Category&additionalParams=true&sortOption=ad&timing=BySimple&timingType=&category=94F&rowCount=10&StartRow=1

• Like 1

My first bike was a 1981 CB650, I really dug in deep on Old Hondas, and truly obsessed over the cbx. I went to a vintage Honda meet and ended up following one on the highway for a few miles. That is a god-tier sound.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:30 AM, tntmo said:

If you've never seen or heard an inline six cylinder Honda CBX, they are quite the engineering feat of the late 70's/early 80's.  I would imagine there aren't too many out there with less than 5 miles, but there are currently two for sale in Idaho along with two CX650T turbo bikes, another interesting historical footnote in the early 80's.

Check them out here.  Somebody buy one of them!  

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.AdvSearchResultsNew&searchPg=Category&additionalParams=true&sortOption=ad&timing=BySimple&timingType=&category=94F&rowCount=10&StartRow=1

Gone.  Dang it.

38 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Gone.  Dang it.

I should have linked each individual auction so that we could see the final sale prices.  I'm sure they sold for big money.   I have never ridden a CBX or any of the 80's turbo bikes.  Happy to have another 80's bike in my stable for a little while now with my 1980 XS1100 Special project.  

XS.jpg

• Like 1

I had a CX back then, was the non turbo version but still great bike, many France-Spain trips on that thing

• Like 2

There are 5 CBX 1000 sitting in Ramona. I dont know the miles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tntmo said:

I should have linked each individual auction so that we could see the final sale prices.  I'm sure they sold for big money.   I have never ridden a CBX or any of the 80's turbo bikes.  Happy to have another 80's bike in my stable for a little while now with my 1980 XS1100 Special project.  

XS.jpg

I rode my brother in laws when I was about 20.  Scared me how fast and powerful it felt.  His had the 'jammer' on it.  Was beautiful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kato said:

I had a CX back then, was the non turbo version but still great bike, many France-Spain trips on that thing

CX500 Guellepumpe is the WERNER BROESSEL Name for this bike.werner4ni.thumb.jpg.377cacf4ad57963ac1a1d76c24e203a6.jpg

• Like 1

Tom - I owned a '79 XS1100 with a Red tank...she could fly!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dress4Less said:

Tom - I owned a '79 XS1100 with a Red tank...she could fly!

Was a fast bike for the day.  I guess still pretty quick!