Dan Diego

On Any Sunday: 50 Years of Greatness

If there’s a better motorcycle movie, I haven’t heard of it.  Bruce Brown’s epic bike flick is hitting 50 years old.  Unbelievable.  Mert Lawwill, Malcolm Smith and Steve McQueen…among others.  

This month’s edition of American Motorcyclist is all about OAS.  And I see that a newly digitalized version will be available on the big screen this Fall.  Yes, please.  

Ah, the memories…

22FB8435-2816-4D20-838D-965D30032929.jpeg

197988D9-CE37-4CA6-B1CE-4A9E0DE2840D.jpeg

8D01200D-BB9F-480D-95FA-62E94BD97607.jpeg

• Like 2

It would be fun to watch this on the big screen.  The last motorcycle movie I saw in the theater was “A Story Worth Living” and it still cracks me up how terrible it was….would like to wash that from my mind!

In November 2013, my wife and I went to see a showing of Why We Ride, a very neat motorcycle documentary in La Jolla. We were surrounded by other motorcycle enthusiasts--and several fellow SDAR  members. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, simicrintz said:

And Jeff Ward on that classic wheelie!

Badass indeed.  Just another great part of that movie.  

13 hours ago, Dan Diego said:

In November 2013, my wife and I went to see a showing of Why We Ride, a very neat motorcycle documentary in La Jolla. We were surrounded by other motorcycle enthusiasts--and several fellow SDAR  members. 

That was a good one, I remember we saw it in the theater and I picked up the DVD as soon as it was available.  

13 hours ago, Dan Diego said:

Yeah, I was there too.

If you are up for a fiction movie, are into old Italian stuff, and road racing is also cool to you, check out this:

It's fantastic.

Film maker Todd Huffman has tracked down all the BMX kids and will be interviewing them and a short documentary about them. 

• Like 1