I'm looking to explore this area a bit. All of my experience in Mammoth is during the winter, so I've never ridden up there. Looking for any information...routes, trail names, staging areas, .gpx files, lodging info, points of interest...etc. 

KTM 500, not afraid of the hard tracks. 

Thanks all!

If nothing else. Stop at the visitor center heading into town and ask for maps of off road. There are tons of trails heading north out of New Shady Rest campground right by the visitor center.

Last couple times I was up there, we stayed at the RV park, geared up rode to get breakfast, ran into a local and he took us out.  Sorry I do not know the route but it seems there are lots of friendly riders out there

I know the area well....I used the book Sierra Nevada Scenic Byways by Tony Huegel, 50 off road routes in the Sierra Nevada. It's a 4 wheel drive book with trail ratings,  if it's difficult for a 4x4 it will be challenging/difficult on an Adventure Bike.

I've explored the Sierra for over 10 years using that book and it was awesome !

Some are dead ends, but the places you get to see are spectacular. 

I used this book and maps only, no GPS and never got lost. I like exploring and finding my own way without using GPS tracks laid out by someone else.