Sign in to follow this  
MacDuncan

sat morn casual loop

Casual outing, ride along if you need a morning moto fix. I'll swing by the upper parking lot of Singing Hills Golf course to adjust my gear... around 7:30 am. Then head to pine valley culdesac without using hiway 8. Then do a loop of Bear valley and LongValley without going down the single track to Corral. Then... back out the culdesac, and over to Buckman east to visit the glider port Out n back, or up n down... then cross hiway 8 and then head over to do the perimeter coral loop from 4 corners.  Not fast or crazy, just want to be on 2 wheels.  No need to reply, but I will check PM in morning to see if I can help add clarity to newbies to the area... or just see you at the golf course (or any where on the loop  :).  

Safe riding this weekend, Mac. 

Wish I could join you but I'm out of pocket this weekend.  Are you past the break-in period on that thing yet?

Wish I would have seen this sooner, I would have joined you.   I went out by myself today.  

Zubb, the bike is far more advanced than the rider :)  especially with fresh oil after break-in service.

Bub-H,  I thought you might have been out and about on a loop.This loop is a nice adv. bike loop for locals who want a quick outing.  I was out for less than 4 hours on this entire route (though half of Carrol Canyon was closed with a locked gate), back home before lunch.

1601095291_ScreenShot2021-05-08at3_00_33PM.png.535d1171ab250421321c8e86acda5fa8.png

Yeah...funny thing is, I usually check in each day to see if anyone is going riding and if it's within bigger bike (and my) capabilities )...

Nice trek map!    Dig the Glider port trail...nice incline while dodging rocks on that trail.   I haven't been to Bear Valley/Long Valley or Corral yet...waiting until I'm not alone.

I'll shamelessly drop a couple videos from my ride  yesterday here.   I did not come across anyone out there (Sycamore).      I also went down Marron Valley road...the upper fork gate was truly locked, not just shut (where it was unlocked and wide open when we rode thru on a ride with Kelly last month).   The lower fork gate was wide open, so I ended up traveling along the border fence switchbacks.  A huge contrast from last September....that area had BP agents all over the place.   I didn't come across one until I was nearly to the BLM gate before getting back on Otay TT.  

• Like 1

Hey Bub, I actually went to those 3 locations to ride more challenging terrain, but I didn't know that it must have been graded or cleaned up a while back as it was much more tame than I expected. It used to be more rutted and rocky.  That, or having so many outlanders or jeep clubs traveling out there have made it smoother.  The roads in your video are about the same so you should feel comfortable on those loops (a bit better/tougher  maybe if the lookout road part of the loop is unlocked). The Glider port was the rockiest and it was even a casual cruise, although..... if I liked jumping a bike, those ~ 15 launch bumps sure would be fun. It was still super nice to get off the tarmac. Cheers

On 5/9/2021 at 11:03 AM, MacDuncan said:

Hey Bub, I actually went to those 3 locations to ride more challenging terrain, but I didn't know that it must have been graded or cleaned up a while back as it was much more tame than I expected. It used to be more rutted and rocky.  That, or having so many outlanders or jeep clubs traveling out there have made it smoother.  The roads in your video are about the same so you should feel comfortable on those loops (a bit better/tougher  maybe if the lookout road part of the loop is unlocked). The Glider port was the rockiest and it was even a casual cruise, although..... if I liked jumping a bike, those ~ 15 launch bumps sure would be fun. It was still super nice to get off the tarmac. Cheers

Good to know.     Thanks for the info!            Agreed on getting of the tarmac....for years, I was road only....but my eyes were always seeking the hills when out riding.   Wish I had started doing this sooner.