Zubb

Anyone using HaulBikes right now?

Curious if anyone here is waiting on a bike to deliver? 

Trying to buy a bike in KY if I can find a way to ship it for less than its value but so far no luck.. tried uship and couple others so far will contact haulbikes see what they say

You might want to call me before you contract with them. I’m not ready to go too public until I see our issue resolved but just want to give a heads up to our community to maybe let them get both feet back on the ground before trusting your bike and money there. 

Gotcha..thanks for the heads-up hope you get everything straightened out gl!

I used Haul Bikes with a private shipper,  great service, no problems. 

Yes they have a strong history of slow but reliable service. I’ll elaborate more in a month or two but just wanted to give a heads up to any of our friends here that they can PM me if they are thinking of shipping with them right now. My intent is not to rant, or publicly shame them. Just to hopefully spare our community from harm. 

Thought I would close this thread out as Adam‘s bike finally delivered to Seattle. It took 12 or 13 weeks from the date the bike was picked up in Tennessee. It’s been a miserable wait for Adam, at times wondering if haul bikes was going to shutter and have to wait for the courts to parse out the bikes that have been imprisoned in their warehouse.

The good news is that he has his bike. The only real damage was to the battery after sitting three months, it was toast. The bike of course was covered with dirt and dust from sitting in a dark corner in Florida for so long. It could’ve been much worse, But his biggest loss he’s losing three months of Seattle’s very short riding season.

Our annual father son Moto tour will take place as planned at the end of July. Just knowing that is a salve over the raw wound of his experience.

Haul bikes has a long and strong history. I truly hope they get fixed. However I for one don’t think that I will ever not do a fly and ride on future bike purchases.

• Like 1

Glad it finally made it, I saw on ADVrider he has the scooter for sale 👍

• Like 1

I'm curious, what was the time frame they told him that it would be delivered and did they deliver within that time frame ?

I used them, they gave me a time frame and it was delivered within that time frame.

Keep in mind I don’t have the exact dates and my intent is not to document the finer details of the debacle. My intent here was to give members a heads up before letting HB get ahold of their bikes. There is a groundswell of anger with HB over on the ‘other’ motorcycle forum too. Adams bike is not the only one that took 12-13 weeks and it looks like these lost bikes are just starting to be delivered. 

I believe the promise was 2-4 weeks, likely about 3. Flexibility is why they are priced at around $6-700 for transport. 

it would have been less painful if HB would have communicated facts. Instead, After holding for sometimes up to an hour on the phone,the customer service person would just tell him they don’t know when the bike will deliver. Then they would say it’s on its way to Vegas. And again only after numerous phone calls from Adam to haul bikes they would say that the bike is still in Florida and they don’t know when it will deliver. After two months A supervisor there told Adam the bike would be leaving the next day for Las Vegas and that he would also be going to Las Vegas and would update Adam on the bikes delivery all the way to Seattle. He even gave Adam his cell phone number. A week later, no information and absolutely no reply to any of the many text messages and voicemails. Eventually Adam wound his way to the owner of the company who of course apologized And gave him both his cell number and his wife’s cell number who is taking over the customer service department. The owner was slow to reply to any text messages for the next couple weeks and that is understandable as he probably had about 100 adams on his desk requiring similar attention.

12 weeks in a few days of unanswered phone calls, miss information and no progress makes for a pretty rough business situation. I understand that they had at least one full team of drivers quit the company and the problems that would cause. and I want to be clear that my intention is not to just flame the company and its owner. I for sure wouldn’t want to be in his situation. My intention was to warn my fellow riders here that there was a real problem with service and that really fun bike they just bought may not get here this summer. And I think that’s fair to both haul bikes and to my friends in this community.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

Glad it finally made it, I saw on ADVrider he has the scooter for sale 👍

That scooter sold in a NY second!

• Like 1

Zubb, you have every right to share the experience and warn others,  as I shared mine.

I didn't think you had a certain "intent" in mind.

It's unfortunate people have had some bad experiences with them.

How interesting. I've got a friend here in Ramona that has shipped, via truck, a sea container full of household possesions back east. They went with a smaller company that came with good reviews (don't know the name). Their experience sounds a lot like yours: it's been 4 weeks and the company can't (or won't) even tell them where it is or when it will be delivered. They were originally told it would take about a week.

Maybe it's something to do with these Covid times....?

• Like 2

On my 5th move (30' enclosed trailer) to Utah now.  While I am really tired of the drive (and the slow pace) I could not stomach the cost of a mover or the unknowns, so I chose to go this route.  One last trip back tomorrow to return the trailer (borrowed from a buddy) and pick up my small utility trailer with my bikes and I am out of California for good.

Not sure that there is a one size fits all answer, but I am liking Kelly's "fly and drive" idea for bikes!

• Like 2