Rjg967

Looking for Heavy Flywheel for 2006-'09 YZ450F

Trying to convert the bike for off-road. Checked all the normal sources and it seems it's out of stock. Stealthy, gytr, and ??? are out. Also looking for an 18" rear.

If anyone has any bright ideas I'm all ears. Thanks!

Any questions I would have would be directed to Am-Pro Yamaha. You can find them on FB and the internet. It's Randy Hawkins' basically factory Yamaha offroad USA team. I always check into the race teams, they may even have non current model parts to sell off. To each their own and I love projects.....however that is one bike I would not take on for an offroad machine. 

The 250F and YZ250 are better bases for 95% of us.  The YZ250FX alone or to @300 build is a brilliant machine and the YZ250X is one of the best foundations for any offroad machine category from enduro to hard enduro to trail riding. But like I said we all have our projects.

57 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

Any questions I would have would be directed to Am-Pro Yamaha. You can find them on FB and the internet. It's Randy Hawkins' basically factory Yamaha offroad USA team. I always check into the race teams, they may even have non current model parts to sell off. To each their own and I love projects.....however that is one bike I would not take on for an offroad machine. 

The 250F and YZ250 are better bases for 95% of us.  The YZ250FX alone or to @300 build is a brilliant machine and the YZ250X is one of the best foundations for any offroad machine category from enduro to hard enduro to trail riding. But like I said we all have our projects.

I have been riding off-road on this bike for a few years now but wouldn't mind making it a bit more accommodating. I am 6'4, 250 so handling the bike isn't much issue. I absolutely love the engine and the chassis on this bike.

But yeah that's a good idea, I'll have to look them up. Thank you.

• Like 1

Also note if not done by another local S101 is great at setting these up for all offroad riding. But for sure you hit up the proper suppliers/resources so far

If you cannot find a Flywheel Weight consider looking into a Hinson Momentum (steel) Clutch Basket. They are heavier than stock aluminum, more reliable and due to the increased weight, they act as a flywheel effect + counter balancer because it spins opposite the flywheel.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 7:51 AM, robertaccio said:

Also note if not done by another local S101 is great at setting these up for all offroad riding. But for sure you hit up the proper suppliers/resources so far

So I tried looking them up online and couldn't find anything, do you have a phone number or link? Thanks

On 4/29/2021 at 10:34 AM, Goofy Footer said:

If you cannot find a Flywheel Weight consider looking into a Hinson Momentum (steel) Clutch Basket. They are heavier than stock aluminum, more reliable and due to the increased weight, they act as a flywheel effect + counter balancer because it spins opposite the flywheel.

So I've been looking at these, honestly never even heard of it until I saw it on stealthy website. My clutch basket is about due anyway so this might be a very viable option. The counterbalance effect might be interesting as well. My KLR has a counter balancer and despite being a 685 is incredibly smooth.

22 minutes ago, Rjg967 said:

So I tried looking them up online and couldn't find anything, do you have a phone number or link? Thanks

www.suspension101.com

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.