KLanceR

New Rider in the Escondido Area

Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join the group!

I'm new to the area and riding dual sport motorcycles.  I picked up a used 2013 KLR 650 back in October and I've been out a few places so far (Barstow area, Palomar mountain, Ramona, etc) and I was able to do one of the training classes at RawHyde Adventures.  I've been riding motorcycles all my life and still have my 1993 Honda Shadow 600 VLX, but I am new to riding off-road.  Looking forward to finding some new places and people to ride with.  

Also, I'm trying to find the previous owner of my bike as well to see if he/she did any internal mods to it.  I bought it used from GP Motorcycles down in San Diego and it had about 18,000 miles on it.  

-Lance

2013 KLR.jpg

IMG_0929[11152].jpg

• Like 2

The KLR is a pretty capable machine, you can find a lot of fun on that bike.

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

Welcome to the forum I am also in Escondido, if you ever had a need we would occasionally have tech days at my place (*really should plan another one).

Welcome to come by anytime, spent way too much time working on KLR's thanks to @Dan Diego

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome!  

I'm glad to see there are a lot of members in Escondido.  Where has everyone been hiding?  haha

DSM8, I am always interested in tech days.  Let me know when.  I did some simple stuff like add the Tusk pannier racks, a stronger skidplate, new clutch cable, and recently cleaned the carburetor, but I have a lot to learn.  I have my Honda shadow torn apart right now so I can rebuild the carburetor and add some new exhaust pipes.  

• Like 1

Welcome.  You will find lots of friendly and helpful people in here.  Hope to see you on a ride soon

Welcome to our dualsport community  !

Lots of good people here  !

KTM Rad, SDAR Founder