Sign in to follow this  
walker1

Cabo or Pound Sand...April 1-2-? 2021

Hey To all SDAR's,

I'm Old and Back to riding after 9 yrs. 

Just wanted to shout out to all the Great riders who helped me out, during the dark days of 'The Broken Leg Ride' by Alpine 13 yrs ago?

Paul Bowers, Bikeslut and All. I can't remember all the names but Thanks again, you Guys and Girls were Great.

So, Just purchased a dl650 V-Strom  and I'm riding with a friend to La Paz and then to Cabo mostly street and very light trail.

No more trail or single track for me , Wife put the 'Break's' on that 'so to speak'.

We will be leaving around April 1st not sure of exact date but no later than the 5th.

We will be going through Ensenada, 3-4 days down, La Paz then to Cabo.

Not sure of return date yet, maybe leave bike in La Paz at Friends place there and fly home ?

So If anyone can join in on any or all of the trip you are more than welcome.

Oh, friend is very experienced rider and will be riding KTM 1190 adv

Should be a Great Adventure  lot's of Fun, Margaritas and tacos. 

Peace,

walker1 - out

I'll be darned, Walker, haven't seen you since the root got you. Have a blast, and the wife is letting you back on a bike?

About time.

Cheers and welcome back.

Yep, Good to be on a bike again!  I've had a few bikes since the "Alpine Break" mostly street, but hat was 9 yrs ago.

But no off-road...  or serious trail.. And That was the fun part!

Good to hear from you. Is there any one of the old crew still riding? Paul, bikeslut, Dig Dug, Joliet , can't remember all their names? Hammer?

10 hours ago, walker1 said:

Is there any one of the old crew still riding? Paul, bikeslut, Dig Dug, Joliet , can't remember all their names? Hammer?

Bowers is still around. Bikeslut, Dig Dug moved away. Joliet only rides street, he hasn't been on the site in a couple years.

Hammer was banned a long time ago.

A lot of the old crew have moved on, busy with other stuff, moved away, etc., but we have a lot of newer, good people here.

Good to see you back !

Thanks,

Good to Be Back  and Blessed to still be alive.

I can't remember who told me on the night I broke my leg, my life had just changed?

I'll never forget those words, how true.

When I get back from Cabo, maybe I will be able to meet up and do a little off road trail ride and meet some more Great Fellow Riders.

That's only if my Beautiful Wife  approves.

Then I will need another Trail Bike 😄

Life Is Good...Riding a Moto... Makes it Even Better!

• Like 1