Sign in to follow this  
alyeska

TPM system

I purchased this from amazon and love it, it has front and rear pressure with tire temperature, and programmable hi and low warnings for both, it also is rechargeable so no batteries or hard wiring, I’ve been using it for 2 weeks and love it, it also comes with 3 different mounting systems.  I’ve never used these before but after 3 freeway flats and one that nearly put me down at 80+ on a new ninja in 08 when the rear tire came apart I decided I won’t ride without one anymore especially with the heavy loads of camping gear and luggage on multi week trips. I noticed the temp changes a lot with the load I’m carrying and I can adjust tire pressure to compensate and have now built a chart for load versus pressure for rear tire. I see they are out of stock but hopefully they will come back. There are other units available on amazon for more or less dollars but this is the one I’ve used and can only speak for it. 

03FC09BB-59F1-4C10-A10D-ABBB535C83C3.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip and review. 
I’m with you. Once you’ve had TPMS on a bike, you will miss it forever when you don’t. Load and temps do have great effect, and of course PSI affects traction significantly. I’m testing tires in Baja right now so run them at 35/35. It’s great to just look at my dash for pressure confirmation and know when it’s time to adjust. Since last Friday I’ve had a snow storm in Ranchita, rain at 32*, Tuesday woke up to snow and 35* in Baja, 75* hot and sunny,, etc. have been trying to stay true to 35psi. 
leaving San Quitin this morning for the back way into Mikes for Steak and a bed, then home Friday. With the crazy temp swings, and 4,000’ elevation changes ...
These aftermarkets are great as BMW charges more than a semester at Harvard for a replacement. 

PS- saw @kug yesterday at Coyote Cal’s. 
D638E254-3140-4BEB-8D36-139C67528E4F.thumb.jpeg.470fc873461fe112217b9e3bb62d53aa.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Kug is EVERYWHERE! Safe travels home Zubb... 

• Like 1

Another KUG sighting. 
I believe I’ve tagged that joint in the past.