Bluhdow

Corral Canyon - Trail Info

Wasn't sure where to post this...(mods) feel free to move if needed. 

Yesterday I was out at Corral Canyon. Pine Valley exit over the Kernan Cycle trail to Corral. Once I'm into CC my experience/navigation/directional sense is still very green. I'm working on improving that. Is there a decent trail map? A little online digging has turned up some nice 4x4 maps, but they exclude the single track. 

Once we got to 4 corners I was able to find my way (downhill from the parking lot) over to Peacemaker (short loop) and then onto Ranger. Took ranger the full way up hill until it merged with a "green" trail...can't remember the name. I did have a pretty solid head-on with a YZ 250 (coming opposite on the "green" trail) if that person happens to be on these forums. No harm done. 😃

Anyway, wondering if I covered the entirety of Ranger...if going up or down is the "hard way" and what those handful of intersecting trails were along the way. Anything that will help me get a better grip on the CC layout would be great. Maybe in the coming weeks my buddy and I can sync up with a CC ride and get the lay of the land a little better.

Thanks!

Yes, there is a great map of the place, you may be able to download it from the CC website.

Hit me up. I’ll show you around Corral. 
If you were on Ranger less than an hour you didn’t ride all of it. 

• Like 1

Yo Kenny, I would say we were on it an hour or more.

That said, let's do it. The next time I'm going to hit up CC I'll ping you. 

Thanks bud!

You can get a free map at the Forest Service station in Alpine. There is also a map on the bulletin board at 4 corners.

The west end of Ranger starts on Corral Canyon road and the east end is at Greenhorn trail. All of those offshoots are escape routes and are not on the maps.

I live 2 miles from the Pine Valley exit and ride there every week, LMK.

Ken

FYI so basically for the most part from bobcat meadow side heading west is more downhill overall and easier

, from the west far end at the road it is more uphill and thus more difficult. Just an FYI. 

Gotcha. We definitely started off the main (perimeter?) road and entered on the west side. Road all the way up until it merged with Greenhorn. The couple of intersecting trails must have been the aforementioned bail outs. 

There were some tough sections. I'd be lying if I said I got all the way up without a couple of snags. 😃

I'll let y'all know the next time I'm headed up. Would be nice to put someone else at the front of the group to absorb the head on risk! ;) 

2 hours ago, Bluhdow said:

Gotcha. We definitely started off the main (perimeter?) road and entered on the west side. Road all the way up until it merged with Greenhorn. The couple of intersecting trails must have been the aforementioned bail outs. 

There were some tough sections. I'd be lying if I said I got all the way up without a couple of snags. 😃

I'll let y'all know the next time I'm headed up. Would be nice to put someone else at the front of the group to absorb the head on risk! ;) 

Agreed corral canyon is scary on busy days stay on the black diamond and your safe

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Agreed corral canyon is scary on busy days stay on the black diamond and your safe

:heh: