Koonzee

Anza Borrego SP: ISO Lg Dualsport Riding Companions

Hello.  I will car camp near Borrego Springs and explore Anza Borrego SP and perhaps Glamis this week.  Since I am traveling solo on a large dual-sport mc, I am interested in learning of others riding a larger dual-sport mc who also may be interested to exploring the area.  I will eventually move onto Joshua Tree NP, Dumont Dunes & northern areas of Death Valley NP this month.  Take care & ride safely. David (red Yukon XL & XRV750 Africa Twin)

• Like 1

Also, I am open to exploring SoCal deserts with any rider who does not mind a slower pace and stopping for a few photographs once in a while.  Finally, I will consider other riding areas not referenced above.  I have time & my schedule is flexible.  Thanks in advance! Koonzee

KoonZee,  Sorrento Valley,

Friend, you are a local Serrento Valley Guy?

Normally I would reach out to walk you around. Tied up with wife knee surgery, so out for awhile. Big Question,  How are you with Deeep Sand? I can give you routes.

Bagstr,

Hello and thank you for replying.  Yes, I am in Sorrento Valley, zip 92121.  I would enjoy meeting local riders sometime.

I rode a very similar itinerary in March of 2017.  Being from the woodlands of SE Ohio, I learned a lot about sand during that desert trip...I think locals call them witches eyes/ditch(?) and then once I went over an unexpected drift like Jeronemo!  The AT is a 'tank'... I typically take it easy and carefully analyze  what's ahead.  I learned sand can feel like treading water while trying to pickup a big dual-sport.  

All in all, I enjoy just cruising around, checking out new places and making a few memories with my camera.  Most of my trip have been solo so I try not to get into too much 'trouble' and try to be self-reliant.

Btw, I twisted my knee riding in Joshua Tree once.. the meniscus, and can appreciate the long recovery or rehab.  

Best of luck to you & your wife.

Koonzee

Bagstr,

In regards to routes, I appreciate the offer.  However, I have plenty of material to reference at this time. 

Thx again. 

Koonzee