Wondering if anyone has explored Fred Canyon within the last few weeks.  From Kitchen Creek rd/campground, can you head up?  Seems I recall there was always an (open) gate just above the campground.  I'm wondering if you can get up to the gate at Thing (and around it still also)

Saturday I saw Thing was still gated at the top (sunrise hwy).  It would be great if one could ride up Fred, down Thing and loop back out on La Posta.

It's been a LONG time since I rode Fred, but there is a gate, and for me it was closed about half the time. Easily circumvented, probably closed for trucks only. It's a great route, probably worth riding UP Thing to the gate and back out to La Posta.

• Like 1

Yeh I think you're right.  If Fred is closed at the Kitchen creek campground I could go up La Posta to Thing and up the next intersection that's gated with a nice work around.  Maybe even get a ways up there before hitting the next gate that is 'new' and construction related.

All the gates were closed this past weekend, but didn't go by La Posta  Other than that it was pretty much the same as always.  Some patches of snow still up towards the top

• Like 2

With the rains we have just had, and I think more coming, I'm sure gates will be closed/closing. 😥

😩

I miss Fred and Thing. They are perfect big bike trails to group ride on. 

thanks guys for your input. 

How about Pine Creek?  It was open this past weekend

The gate by the campground to Fred was closed today. The lower 2 gates on Pine Creek were open, but the 3rd gate was locked.

Hello All, Don't get on here too much but some of you might know about the new gate at Thing Valley. Sunday I was coming down Thing from S1 and hit a brand new gate about a mile before the main gate at Fred Canyon turn off. Posted with "private property" signs. Seems strange as this is a public road?

ThingGate.jpg

I started a new thread about the new locked gate in the Environmental/Land Use Section....ACTION NEEDED.