@weirdrider took me up on a ride along the border today to Yuma.  We opted to skip Marron Valley and just ride the 94 to Tecate.  We took Humphreys rd east for a mile or two then split north instead of going down and hugging the wall. I’ve never written this particular track and found it to be quite a bit of fun. Very Disneyland ride feeling with lots of roller coaster ups and downs, lefts and rights. 
we eventually popped down to the wall and continued on towards Campo.

most folks know there has been a ton of construction work in that area. A significant amount of this has been pouring concrete up and down the steeper sections of the wall. The concrete makes a bit of a road bed for BP to drive on. But what you end up with is something a kin to the streets of San Francisco or downtown Seattle. Where are you ride up a short very steep section which crosses a completely flat section and then begins another short steep section. Going up the sections creates the perfect opportunity to wheelie or fly the bike onto the flats. Just like you’ve seen in the movies of San Francisco car chases. It is really the perfect opportunity to fly the bike about as far as you want to and have a clean safe landing. Super fun stuff because you can just keep going and keep airing it out. Definitely need to go back when we have time to goof off with the bikes and cameras.

Jim and I eventually popped out at Campo and stopped at the usual taco shop. I have a thing for the Shrimp Burrito so we just sat in the sun and lunched and shot the breeze for while. It was a great ride with a great friend. Thanks for joining me today Jim!

then Jim headed home and I wicked it up on 94 and eventually popped out at the entrance to the valley of the moon. It was killing me not to take an hour or two and head over the top and continue exploring that area. But I needed to get to Yuma so decided the least I could do his snap a few glamour shots of the big dog in the wild.

C9AF7BEA-8ED5-4B0D-9C0D-D9BF2CD735B6.thumb.jpeg.00c21f8e4858b4cd7fbd254e074af388.jpeg
0404267A-BC6B-4ABA-8BA7-DA1ADA88FF43.thumb.jpeg.289d4ae620ef41de2485bfe6d04694ad.jpeg

75FA6959-2E13-44BE-919F-967FFCA0862D.thumb.jpeg.5758b582f4cb14e23871dbbccd214078.jpeg

D6998CDB-76FC-43CB-B76F-13EF5AFF7175.thumb.jpeg.77484e1ffae859b128155d0818912839.jpeg

Dang I just love this bike! It just growls thru anything I put in front of her. And when we hit the twisties she rails like a sport bike (better actually). And when I hit the freeway from Ocotillo to Yuma it just flies on wings for as fast and long as you choose to ride. 
I pulled into dad‘s driveway as he was pulling the pizza out of the oven. Took off my jacket and helmet, we hugged and popped a couple of beers, and that is what I call a really good start middle and end of the day. 

cheers!

• Like 2

Sounds like fun was had.      Count me in for going back on "photo" day for airing these babies out.  

• Like 1

That was a fun little jaunt Kelly, always a pleasure to ride with you 👍👍

It was maybe the first time we didn’t stop and do bike photos during a ride. 
I rode back up through Descanso to Japatul valley rd. and Lyons Valley rd home. 
How was the wind the rest of your ride?

It was ever present. But sometimes the best way to defeat it is to punch that big panzer right through it harder and faster. I averaged 31 mpg both yesterday and today coming home. A full 10 mpg less than normal. That kinda tells you how much throttle I held. Did I mention I love this bike?

• Like 1