Sign in to follow this  
Zubb

Pop up Border ride today 1PM from La Mesa

Just was informed I must go to Yuma today.  I'm going to ride (scout out) the wall from Marron Valley/South bay rod and gun club, to Campo.  -ish.

At Campo I'll take 94 east onward to Yuma, where I will overnight and work on some stuff with my father.

If you are bored and want to crank up the bike, join me for a one way.....  You can start with me at La Mesa, or the gun club.  You can leave me at Campo or heck run all the way to Yuma but you'll get there about dinner time.  Obviously, you're on your own to return home.

I plan to leave La Mesa at 1:00pm.

I'm on the one and only R1200GSA w/knobbies.

Pace on the road will be "exciting".  Pace on the dirt will be intermediate level.

Ride your super-tanker or your scooter (if it'll keep up)(I'm looking at you Tom).

I'll do a check here before I go, but would rather you just text me or call me if you want to join me.

Kelly - 619-792-4368

The scooter could do it!  

Enjoy the ride buddy, you might have some obstacles (that you probably already know about) to get from Marron Valley Rd to the Hwy.  Shouldn’t be too difficult.  

yeh, that's why I'm going.  To ascertain the viability of the route for future use.  If there's a hard stop, I'll take Marron Valley up and over to 94 and attack again at Tecate.

It won't be a race, but I won't be stopping along the way to boil up a cup of coffee and ponder the deeper meaning life.

On second thought... that sounds kinda nice.

Sounds like a great future group ride...wink wink.           Sounds fun.  be safe.    I'd attempt to join you....but there are two valid reasons for which I must honor.  

1.  That pesky thing called work

2.  My old bones are tired from 9 hours in the saddle yesterday on the lost valley/anza group run. (the real reason I'm not joining you...lol)

Yeah yeah...excuses excuses.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bub_Hannah said:

Sounds like a great future group ride...wink wink.           Sounds fun.  be safe.    I'd attempt to join you....but there are two valid reasons for which I must honor.  

1.  That pesky thing called work

2.  My old bones are tired from 9 hours in the saddle yesterday on the lost valley/anza group run. (the real reason I'm not joining you...lol)

Yeah yeah...excuses excuses.

I am jealous, would have loved to make Sundays ride.  I was recovering from Saturdays 245 miles of our counties finest G1,2 and 3 roads (per Butler Maps).  Tagged 29 sections with 24 of my moto friends.  That was a good full day of full on focus!

As for work, you can find another job can't you?

• Like 2