KTMrad

Crashes, Getoffs and Getting Stuck PHOTOS !

Starting a thread......let's see whatcha got !!

Please, only photos of you, your friends, etc. NOT photos from other sources.

Stuck in a freshly blown dune near Borrego Springs

Posted Image

Posted Image

Woops......in Short Wash in Anza Borrego desert. Ego hurt, but body unscathed :wacko:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Who is that guy with the bald spot on the back of his head! It looks like his bike made it over the mud bolders!

These are the ones I have "permission" to post... :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is one I don't have a release form signed for, but you can't recognize the rider,

so view at your discretion... :ph34r:

Posted Image

Mad Dog Mike on his R1200GS, our Moab Ride in 2004.

Can you guess what happens next ??.........

Posted Image

Roh Roh !!

Posted Image

That is a great shot of Mike at Moab. I love riding that area! Of Course, when I ride Moab, I NEVER fall over-at least not any pictures of it!!/Kevin

Big Bad Ron stuck in the dunes at Glamis, on our way home from the November LA to Barstow to Vegas dualsport ride.

Posted Image

Posted Image

From the Team Dual Dogs - 6 Days of Northern California dualsport ride, 1999.

Alfred, after he fell off the side of a trail, down into a creek....he fell with the KTM 640 Adventure rolling over the top of him, luckily he was able to push the bike as it rolled with him.

Posted Image

Alfred again, losing it while crossing a slippery log on a muddy hillslide washout.

Posted Image

From our 2004 Moab trip. Here's what happens in the dunes if you don't take off, giving it enough gas on a fully loaded, 450 pound bike.

I'm stuck on my Elefant 900 in the dunes at Gordon's Well, off interstate 8, heading west from Yuma.

Posted Image

Exploring outside Las Vegas.....

Uhhh, should I go down this ??!!

Posted Image

OOOPS !!

Posted Image

High Sierra Adventure Ride - 2005

The mighty 950 Stuck in a mudbog.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

How much did the helicopter ride for the bike cost ????????? ;)

How much did the helicopter ride for the bike cost ?????????  ;)

The bid was $800, but I know that is a lower than the job was worth. He got a good deal if that is what he ultimately paid. But as Bikeslut later joked, "it was so worth it just to see my bike go flying off!" B)

The helicopter extraction is chronicled here: stuck bike

The ride report leading up to it is recorded here: Phantom Trail II, Laguna Mountains to the Desert Below

The pilot quoted $800 based on the GPS coordinates given... He said if it was more than an hour, he would "eat the cost" above $800... lucky for me he was a better pilot than navigator. He told me later that he misjudged where the bike was, and it took him almost 2 hours.

I got another quote from BlackHawk Helicopters out of Gillespie Field. He said his small chopper was down, or else, he could do it for $800 too... his next smallest bird was $975 an hour... and he " does this sort of thing ALL THE TIME"?! He was very eager to take the job if the other deal fell through... so if any of you are "adventurous" (my new word for stupid) enough to need a lift, call them.

Cherry Helicopters was the guy that did the work... he now has good karma.

Craig... I believe my quote was, " it was ALMOST worth it" $800 buys a lot of toys...

Craig... I believe my quote was, " it was ALMOST worth it"  $800 buys a lot of toys...

I think that is how you "corrected yourself" after your wife glared at you... ;)

B);)B):lol::lol:

To keep the thread alive. Here is the only pic I could find with the Honda stuck.

This was the Phantom II ride and I had to intentionally get the bike stuck. It was too steep to ride and no place for a kickstand.

Posted Image

There were 4 bikes stuck on this ride.

She sat like that for a week until sandiegoland & I rescued her. :ph34r:

Thread needs a bump...make sure you guys get some photos of "Getoffs" or getting stuck, next time your out....that's if you do fall over :rolleyes:

High Sierra Adventure Ride 2005..... issues with a snowdrift

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, nice one Randy !

Once in a while I hit the deck, but I usually pick up the bike and dust off so fast that nobody sees it, and if they do, they can't get the camera out fast enough to catch it. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. . . To keep the thread alive, here's what I've found in my SDAR archive. I know it's not much, but some will remember the ride that this photo was from and all the 'crashes and get-offs' that happened on that day. :)

Posted Image

from New Years Day 2007, Riding near Superstition with the Motocross Heros of Division 8

Ride-Orange at the controls of MickeyB's KTM 625, pulling Kerri's seized 2-Stroke 11.5 miles out of the desert...

I think it might've got kicked into gear. She's a good rider and they soon got into the groove and got it back to camp. Stuff I could barely plow through they got two bikes through on one motor!! Good job folks!!!

Some more photos of the recovery...

Posted Image

Posted Image

1/7/07... Ride report forecoming... maybe :ph34r:

Nice shot! I am the idiot laying on the ground. Long story short, i hit a large rock because of 1) i was enjoying the cool scenary a little too much, and 2) once i saw the rock, it was too late! :D

Surprisingly little damage to the bike, but my wrist is still swollen and hurts like hell! :(

Big thanks to MARBEE AND SANDIEGOLAND for slowing the pace down on the ride back to SD and making sure i got home ok!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kevin,

Sorry to hear it buddy, I guess we won't be riding this weekend...wrists take a long time to heal don't try to rush it. Suppress the urge to ride again until you're ready to rip. Ice and heat, ice and heat, alternate as much as you can. It helps tremendously.

Catch ya later,

Jon

Thanks John

the wrist still hurts, but i am pretty sure its only a sprain, a painful one at that, i will know for sure friday when i get xrays

thanks

k

I just realized that's my dumb arse holding your bike up and that's it's sitting on the rock that "bit" your bike. When this picture was taken, I do recall someone stating that it looked "staged"...... Looks about as bad as when I first rode up! OUCH! Hope ya heal fast, bro!