Pokey151

Warner springs to Anza ride report

Forgive me if you've mentioned this before . . . are you using the Hero9?  That vid quality and stabilization is fantastic.

But with the stabilizer, you not getting the feeling. Everything is so smooth. 

4 hours ago, Zubb said:

Forgive me if you've mentioned this before . . . are you using the Hero9?  That vid quality and stabilization is fantastic.

No worries, I don't remember you asking.  It's actually a Hero8.   I got it just before the Hero9 came out, so it was a smokin deal.   I'm really happy with the purchase. 

1 hour ago, Mr.JAJA said:

But with the stabilizer, you not getting the feeling. Everything is so smooth. 

You have a point....I've hit some pretty dang good bumps and when I watch the vid...it's almost like nothing happened.    Though, I bet if mounted to the bike,  you'd get much more "action".       It's also interesting that inclines/declines don't look as drastic on the video.   

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 7:52 AM, robertaccio said:

just curious how did the old Kawasaki KLR do? 

It actually did fine, kind of impressed me. It does have the 685 kit and a bunch of other little mods, but the stock suspension with 70k Miles and being a KLR was flat-out terrible. I have cogent Moab shock coming as well as the direct drop in cartridges that will take care of that.

The Jetsons sounding exhaust was mind numbing, so I have a slip on coming as well

Late reply, but I just got approved.

This was a great ride and thank you for allowing me to tag along. Beside the slipping clutch and terrible suspension got to see some great scenery, fun riding, and meet great people.

• Like 1