Pokey151

Easy dual sport/adv ride, Warner springs to Anza or beyond

Sunday 2/28. A group of maybe 5 of us will be riding lost valley to anza or beyond depending how the group feels.  2 guys have not been on a bike in 1 year, another one is new to dualsports all on ktm 690s and 701s.  The 4th is experienced with MX and will be on his maiden voyage on a older KLR he got off of someone on this site and me, I will be on a 790. New to riding heavier adv bikes but comfortable on dual sports.   So anyone that wants to go on a mellow paced ride, please join us

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rustyshackelford said:

I would be interested in this. I would be on my T7. I’m located in Poway.

I am in Ramona. I am trying to get a set start time with the guys.  I’ll know that by tomorrow but it will be my guess 8 or 9.  I will keep you posted.   Also I am very curious to see a T7 in person

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pokey151 said:

I am in Ramona. I am trying to get a set start time with the guys.  I’ll know that by tomorrow but it will be my guess 8 or 9.  I will keep you posted.   Also I am very curious to see a T7 in person

Sounds fun! I’ll keep an eye out. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I'd love to go on my 690, but will have to see what I'm allowed to get away with after also riding Saturday :) 
As for the ride... afterward if time Red Mtn or High Point TT up to the vista would be a cool add-on. 

• Like 1

Now that my tires are wornBetter I could do more streety type stuff like this ride.  Oh snap just remembered I already have an invite for southern trails on Sun .

Have fun though. Of mine own plans don't work out i may take another look at this thread.

Thanks for posting .20210225_132012_7399.thumb.jpg.29b76f9ec94e320ceb3999afb14d8b92.jpg

• Haha 1

Let us know where and when. My HP2 is ready 2 go and have to get more mile in before it is to late.

• Like 2

Ok looks like meeting here at 8:30

33°17'17.3"N 116°39'24.3"W
https://goo.gl/maps/XDfuARWSk5z39H3i8

I will be riding out of Ramona   I would like to do black canyon but honestly that would be real tough for me   I work 2nd shift and do not sleep until 3 or 4 am 

I like to do the Black canyon on my way out, But to be there at 8:30 Am, I will need to race and get up at 6Am. I leave from Ramona around 6:45 If I go.

Where is everyone coming from? Maybe meet up at the gas station in Santa Ysabel or the Hideout instead?

2 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I like to do the Black canyon on my way out, But to be there at 8:30 Am, I will need to race and get up at 6Am. I leave from Ramona around 6:45 If I go.

Mr.Jaja. I will meet you in Ramona at 6:30 and do Black Canyon with you on the way to the group ride...are you still planning on it?

Chris 949-933-9242

1 hour ago, Bub_Hannah said:

Anyone want to meet in Ramona...I'm coming from RSD.   

I live in the estates so if you are coming up wildcat I can meet you

11 minutes ago, made2moto said:

Mr.Jaja. I will meet you in Ramona at 6:30 and do Black Canyon with you on the way to the group ride...are you still planning on it?

Chris 949-933-9242

I will desperately try to do the black canyon route.  I most likely will be running on less than 1 hr sleep though.  

Thanks for posting up 151. I'm on a second shift also, early mornings on the weekend are a beeotch. Monday morning for the weekend recovery 😴

I'll be riding up to Idyllwild via the same general route. Trying to get to Idyllwild around noon for a randevu in the pines with conquistador de ATK.

It'd be great to meet up with some new faces. Hope to join in for some of this. Gotta see this T7 and the legendary HP2 , hope to get the ol 950se out. Giants of Erzberg Rodeo meetup Udo, yes, I didn't know you had one!🏁

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.1b69f1b831a156cdd483f9733e8ccbea.jpg

pol-tarres-yamaha-tenere-700-7-1.thumb.jpg.c33e8511f5b326c72ef24e4dfc88a1bd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, 97xr400r said:

Thanks for posting up 151. I'm on a second shift also, early mornings on the weekend are a beeotch. Monday morning for the weekend recovery 😴

I'll be riding up to Idyllwild via the same general route. Trying to get to Idyllwild around noon for a randevu in the pines with conquistador de ATK.

It'd be great to meet up with some new faces. Hope to join in for some of this. Got to see this T7 and the legendary HP2 , hope to get the ol 950se out. Giants of Erzberg Rodeo meetup Udo, yes, I didn't know you had one!🏁

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.1b69f1b831a156cdd483f9733e8ccbea.jpg

pol-tarres-yamaha-tenere-700-7-1.thumb.jpg.c33e8511f5b326c72ef24e4dfc88a1bd.jpg

I am hoping the guys I am going with will last long enough to make it to Idyllwild but most likely won’t even be close.  I started this ride to get my buddy Bob out for his 1st ride on his newly acquired KLR. Just just got it running a couple days ago.   He is my track buddy and an old desert rat.  He will be fine just unsure about the bike.  Then it grew to my other buddies whom I rode the TAT with but one of them has not been on his bike in well over a year and he is mid 60s. So I am not sure how far he wants to go, which is why I said to Anza and maybe beyond??  So I’ll play it by ear if we are making good time and a few cut out together, I may continue on.  
Sounds like we are getting a good sized group which will be awesome.  Plus I am anxious to get the 790 out on the dirt

ill keep a eye on here and update if we end up going farther out

have fun

OK, I will go.

6:30 at Packard and leave KSU 6:40AM. Black canyon, MesaGrande, to the Lost valley turnoff.

We should make it to there by 8:00 at a medium speed.

12 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

I live in the estates so if you are coming up wildcat I can meet you

I will desperately try to do the black canyon route.  I most likely will be running on less than 1 hr sleep though.  

I will be going thru Wildcat canyon....but I'm going to pass on the earlier fun thru Black Mountain.   I can't get out that early.   Guess I'll meet everyone at 8:15 lost valley meetup.

Looking forward to this!

7 hours ago, made2moto said:

Great!  I will see you and any others at 6:30a in Ramona.  Should be a fun day!

Chris

I’m also tempted to do Black Canyon prior because I want a long day! And I haven’t done Black Canyon yet. I might show up at Packards at 6:30. Please don’t wait up though if I don’t make it. If I miss it, I’ll see y’all at the Lost Valley turn out at 8.