shutterrev

Pinyon Mountains & Fish Creek Wash - First time...

My first time on anything close to this kind of foolishness on 2 wheels, loved every minute of it. Fantastic ride, some personal small victories, and a couple things I'll try to come back and do better in subsequent trips. I am sure some of you have ridden this up and down upside down on your goldwing on bald tires, in a tank top, uphill both ways, in 30 feet of sand, during a snow storm, awesome, cool! - but for me, this was pretty damn epic. In Video: Perry showing everyone how things are done on his last updated 20 years ago XR650L, Sim commanding the fully loaded and mighty R1200GSA, and my 6'5" self looking like a ginger-viking rodeo clown on my new-to-me, yet already much beloved, 18' 690 Enduro R.

• Like 2

Good job,  That is a very fun route.   It is amazing right after a rain.  I want more practice but I would like to do it on my 790.  I have done it a few times on my 450.  Very impressive to see a 1200 doing that!!

• Like 1

GREAT edit on this vid!  Thanks for creating that and sharing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pokey151 said:

Good job,  That is a very fun route.   It is amazing right after a rain.  I want more practice but I would like to do it on my 790.  I have done it a few times on my 450.  Very impressive to see a 1200 doing that!!

Also I should note, Sim sheared off his shifter at the top of heart attack hill, and his bike key battery is dead enough that if he stalls he has to put the plastic key in the ass of the bike. SO what better place for both of these things to go wrong haha. He ended up dead fishing the 600lb petrol tanker down, with no shifter peg. Balls dragging in the sand the rest of the 30 or so miles out Fish Creek Wash. 

You would think the rains had tamed the sand in fish creek wash, it had not,  it still had that very sandy section - but I'm not Chris birch so me trying to stay upright with feet on the pegs for 10+ mile goosh section a cool video does not make - so it's highly paraphrased haha :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shutterrev said:

Also I should note, Sim sheared off his shifter at the top of heart attack hill, and his bike key battery is dead enough that if he stalls he has to put the plastic key in the ass of the bike. SO what better place for both of these things to go wrong haha. He ended up dead fishing the 600lb petrol tanker down, with no shifter peg. Balls dragging in the sand the rest of the 30 or so miles out Fish Creek Wash. 

You would think the rains had tamed the sand in fish creek wash, it had not,  it still had that very sandy section - but I'm not Chris birch so me trying to stay upright with feet on the pegs for 10+ mile goosh section a cool video does not make - so it's highly paraphrased haha :)

Yeh, first time off-road on mine I bent the shifter.  Replaced it with a stupid expensive Tourtech folding shifter (and worth every penny).  I was thinking he might have been dead-clutching the bike down that hill.  If you have the clearance and appropriate tires you can get down (almost) anything if you can pick a line, apply some courage, and have a friend to help pick up the beast if things go wrong.

You guys win the Heros of the Day award for that!  And the vid gets best picture.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Yeh, first time off-road on mine I bent the shifter.  Replaced it with a stupid expensive Tourtech folding shifter (and worth every penny).  I was thinking he might have been dead-clutching the bike down that hill.  If you have the clearance and appropriate tires you can get down (almost) anything if you can pick a line, apply some courage, and have a friend to help pick up the beast if things go wrong.

You guys win the Heros of the Day award for that!  And the vid gets best picture.

Yeah, -> Sim <- has an aftermarket shifter - well - had, and he did have his stock one in his bags as a spare, just that top gap is a little narrow for the ole' twelve hundy-supreme. But he rides that thing like a champ, anywhere. 

12 minutes ago, shutterrev said:

. But he rides that thing like a champ, anywhere. 

No doubt!!  🙌

• Like 1

One of the classic San Diego dual sport rides.

Glad you guys had a good time, welcome to the club and tanks for sharing the video👍

• Like 1

Great video! Thanks for posting and sharing. Hard to beat with a dualsport ride with friends. Hope to see you on the trail soon and/or ride with you

• Like 1

Simply WOW!!!!!....that looks AMAZING and a bit terrifying too.    I hope to gain greater skills to be able to attempt that run one day.

• Like 1

Uber impressive guys...:good:

• Like 2