Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

I Think I Found the Proper Tire for the Rear of the Sidehack Rig

I think this Tire might be the way to go for the spare I'll be carrying on the sidecar rig, for when the off-roading gets soft, muddy, snowy, etc.
Great review by Chaparral....a little pricey, we'll see how it holds up. There are others like the Kenda Big Block, but the Tractionator is much more aggressive.

• Like 1

I put about 3200 miles on one of those under the 990, 2 trips to Baja and death Valley.

It held up well and had enough tread, just gave it to udo to try on his bike.

Have you looked into a car tire on the rear of the hack?
A snow tire I have heard works really well for that application.

I’m running that on my 1090 front and rear. 
Very good in the dirt. 
I probably won’t run the front again. Great in the dirt but head shakes badly from 90 - 105. Tire balanced and a Scott’s Stabilizer. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DSM8 said:

I put about 3200 miles on one of those under the 990, 2 trips to Baja and death Valley.

It held up well and had enough tread, just gave it to udo to try on his bike.

Have you looked into a car tire on the rear of the hack?
A snow tire I have heard works really well for that application.

I have a car tire/rim on the back...they don't make snow tires in that size, that's why I'm carrying the stock rear BMW wheel so I can interchange when I need.

What would you suggest?  I just bought that tire for the front and have not mounted it. I want good traction for dirt but doesn’t wobble like crazy.  My 790 has a fairly worn Moto rallyz and it shakes pretty bad at 75 and up.  It ordered a Scott’s street stabilizer today. I figured that’s the way to go over the dirt version??!!

10 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

What would you suggest?  I just bought that tire for the front and have not mounted it. I want good traction for dirt but doesn’t wobble like crazy.  My 790 has a fairly worn Moto rallyz and it shakes pretty bad at 75 and up.  It ordered a Scott’s street stabilizer today. I figured that’s the way to go over the dirt version??!!

I have the Scott’s dirt version stabilizer. It definitely helped with head shake on the slab. If I turned it up tighter I’m certain it would help. 
The TKC80 that came stock shook less. 
I shouldn’t be riding that speed anyway. It’s 90 - 105 mine does it. 
75 on your bike would be quite annoying. 
Im no expert on this. This is my first Adventure bike.