alyeska

Borrego closed this morning

Decided to go to ja ja’s this morning and then onto Del Mar, I tried montezuma grade and waited 30 min but it was closed for an undetermined amount of time, so I went around to 78 and scissors crossing and headed in, I only got 3 miles and it was closed! So I decided the 3rd times the charm so I ventured towards the snow in Julian and was turned around again! I would have went to I-8 but they already said it was closed. I headed home disappointed I couldn’t make it into town, I got all the way to Yaqui pass and the bike started wiggling on the hill and I knew what that meant, changing a damn tire on a hill! I walked the bike down to the first small open space and made the repair, I found a piece of radial tire steel from a truck that I picked up in the snow. Glad to be home, that was my day ride! Ja ja see you Thursday. Tried to load pic but it wouldn’t go. Ja ja has them. 

• Like 4

Tom I’m guessing the mountains around Borrego were snow capped?  I’ll bet it is visually stunning!  If you could post a pic that would be cool. 

Can’t seem to get pics posted, I’ll shoot some when i head out tomorrow, I’m sure there will be a lot of snow again after tonight. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alyeska said:

Can’t seem to get pics posted, I’ll shoot some when i head out tomorrow, I’m sure there will be a lot of snow again after tonight. 

Why can't you post photos ?

From your iPhone hit the reply button on this thread. 
click “choose files”
select photo library

select any photo

click “add” in the top right cornier of your phone screen

Scroll down to see the pic appear below and touch the plus sign on the pic. 
56B62EE8-1056-4C6A-98C6-FD68EAC9ADF5.thumb.jpeg.ea778fd13836ebbb3d7ab7582e628bf6.jpeg

presto. . 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zubb said:

56B62EE8-1056-4C6A-98C6-FD68EAC9ADF5.thumb.jpeg.ea778fd13836ebbb3d7ab7582e628bf6.jpeg

presto. . 

Kelly, Is that your new helmet ? 🤣

Just getting the grandsons warmed up to having a big heavy thing on his head. Baby steps.