KTMrad

Looking for Help with SDAR Website

Hey all, we're looking for a new person to take over the "webmaster" position to maintain our SDAR website and forums.

This person should be experienced in computers, web design, software, and be able to learn the forum software.

If you or someone you know might be interested, please let me know. We can discuss fees, etc. on a monthly basis. There's really not a ton of work involved to do this, we just need someone who can make changes to the site and upgrade the forums when necessary. 

Thanks in advance,

KTMrad

SDAR Founder and Vice President 

@KTMrad

Are you still looking?  I used to build and manage websites for fun and especially to help out small businesses who couldn’t afford the crazy fees “professionals” charge. I am probably a bit rusty now, changed jobs a while back, but would love to see how I can contribute more to the group than simply asking lots of dumb questions. 

You can see some examples of my previous work at:

https://greaterlosangelespatrol.com/
http://ocflyers.com/

Hi Ian, thanks for the offer. We have someone to handle the site now. 

Who is the new Webmaster ?

😀  I know that we are in safe hands. 

On 7/5/2022 at 8:59 PM, kkug said:

Who is the new Webmaster ?

Kkug...you are the official Website mystery ride master...😉

What a great way to start off a new volunteer gig - I took the site down for a few hours today. @IanT are you good with SQL? Ended up having to restore from a backup and the running version is missing about a day's worth of content. I have that content, files and database, backed up. I hope to merge the two.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hawkins said:

What a great way to start off a new volunteer gig - I took the site down for a few hours today. @IanT are you good with SQL? Ended up having to restore from a backup and the running version is missing about a day's worth of content. I have that content, files and database, backed up. I hope to merge the two.

Hey. I know a little SQL, I'm an IT "professional" and know a little about many different things. I wouldn't say I was good at SQL, but I am good at figuring things out. Do you have SQL Management Studio? I would begin there to restore/merge, unless the hosting service has some database tools. Often they do.

• Like 1

Hi Jessie, I am a bit rusty but also do have over 30 software engineers working for me so I can always “dial a friend”. 😁

As Brent says, you could download SQL management studio which has the capabilities to run the code. It would be good to compare the tables and we can merge in the missing recross.  The challenge is often ensuring duplicate id’s aren’t created

a couple of options:

1. I can get the files and work on the merge for you

2. I could pop over tomorrow evening and we can figure it out together.

3. As it is only one day, you could identify the missing records, beg forgiveness from the impacted users, and ask them to repost. That may be the quickest and most painless option.

let me know what you think or feel free to call me 949.689.3692

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanT said:

Hi Jessie, I am a bit rusty but also do have over 30 software engineers working for me so I can always “dial a friend”. 😁

As Brent says, you could download SQL management studio which has the capabilities to run the code. It would be good to compare the tables and we can merge in the missing recross.  The challenge is often ensuring duplicate id’s aren’t created

a couple of options:

1. I can get the files and work on the merge for you

2. I could pop over tomorrow evening and we can figure it out together.

3. As it is only one day, you could identify the missing records, beg forgiveness from the impacted users, and ask them to repost. That may be the quickest and most painless option.

let me know what you think or feel free to call me 949.689.3692

I, personally, would be fine with number 3. Just move on.

I want to say thank you to those who are volunteering to help with the site. It is very much appreciated.  Thanks again!

I work in sql all the time depending on the flavor might be of help

pm me if needed