Sign in to follow this  
Goofy Footer

Local Shop Mousse Install

I'm a master, but I aint volunteering I have enough going on. however I will point out to you all the best methods and choices and tricks. 

First mine - buy motion pro compound bend tire irons (6 is best)!!!!! This is really a big key! right tools for the job, have some sort of hoop type tire machine, I have a cheap type with a lever arm spade attached to a pallet for stability, buy a bunch of silicone gel and or tire soap in a bucket (Enforce is one brand of gel soap) be sure to match the sizing on your mousses to tires, Nitro mousses are a good here because they have a great chart for size matching with all the tire brands. If you choose Michelin Mousses for a start I would only match them with Michelin tires, until you get the hang of mix and match. You can supplement the kit with a ZipTy or other brand rim lock pusher tool

Gel lube the best kill is over kill. the OEM type silicone is the best choice for lightweight waterproof internal lube, the gel soap (Enforce and others) is great due to the fact that it is water based, however is dries up faster and it weighs more. I use both independently of course depending on what I doing. Lately Ive been back to mostly silicone gel lube.

the top tier tire machine these days would be the Rabaconda tool, the ZipTy Racing tool is good as well with some different and cool features, but like I said I use one of the ebay cheapo hoops and I just added pieces of split hose over the tubes as well as mounted it to a pallet for stability. 

and of course be careful but you cant be afraid to scratch your rims....it's gonna happen. 

example of water based gel

https://yourtireshopsupply.com/product/4554/tc705-soap-tire-mounting-compound

National City Motorcycles call it in they have a ZipTy machine in their shop area. 

Thanks for the info. I assisted with one home install with a rabacoda but I don’t have a tire stand. Nice part of doing it at home is you can go heavy on the lube and you know how much you put in so you can check things when / if you relube. We used some Napa lube which was cheaper than the extra Nitto branded one and gobbed it in. Got my friend from Tecate to Cabo just fine.

Also looking for shop options for friends. SD Powerhouse sounds like a great option. Does anybody know others? 

Thanks 

North county Motorsports does it and the advertise it as having very competitive prices. I neglected to ask because I was too caught up in talking shop. LOL