Sign in to follow this  
alphajack

vapor problems and iphone odometer apps

if anyone can determine if my vapor is broken and can get functional again I can pay some money.   If on the other hand if anyone knows if there is a phone app with an odometer can that be used without cell service I think i would like that even more. thanks

Pretty sure most (all?) apps that do odometer work with gps and don’t require cell service.

whats wrong with vapor? Mine was acting up badly once and after contacting the service department they said to check all contacts for the battery inside (and double check that you’re using the proper battery, it’s crucial due to thickness), that solved it

so you think dust could be an issue in the battery compartment??  speed is either jumping around or reading zero, and odometer isnt moving at all.    ambient temp and clock work.  computer goes to sleep as designed and wakes up when i spin the wheel.

Have you checked the counts for the wheel size?   Also the pickup may or magnet may have moved. Sounds like it’s triggering but possibly not strong enough pulse?  Just a guess for troubleshooting sakes

• Like 1

magnet a pickup look good, but I guess I need to find out what is the maximum allowable distance between the two is.  I checked the connectors and thats all I've done so far.  I have not recalculated anything thus far.  I'll clean the battery compartment today and see if thats the problem.  Maybe one day you'll be sucking my dust, haha

Yep, if it was working before and just started acting up out of nowhere I would start with a new battery.

If it’s a new install then yes, magnet, wiring..

talked to a tech he said the sending unit is bad   $30.   no thanks already removed it. anyone wanting to make a steal on scratchless screen vapor needing the $30 part let me know.