Do you Slime?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Slime?

• Yes
    • Nope
    • Sometimes when I'm feel Slimey

Smacked a rock on wait for it... Rockhouse Canyon Rd and noticed tire deflation after.

4 ply Desertone GoldenTyre 216AA Fatty  -- is the 4py no longer in production? -- with IRC HD tube blend of natural and butyl rubber

I didn't use Slime. Do you think it would have stopped this leak?

A Case For Slime 2.0 .jpeg

That is exactly the kind of leak it was meant for, small pinholes.
I use the ATV?Offroad version of slime it has more leak blocking fibers in it than the standard stuff.
I never run HD tubes on the 990.

Rockhouse canyon sucks and is a workout. Rode it a few weeks ago. 

That said do not buy the pressureized can of Slime . I tried to use it on my SUV and had to punch holes in it in order to get it into my tire . And then it did not seal up my 3 inch drywall screw in my sidewall . New tire time . 

I'd highly recommend a latex-based sealants (Stans or Orange seal) over slime, It works surprisingly well, I use it on my bicycles. I picked up a used moto a few years ago and the front wheel apparently had had a leak with slime... Turns out that stuff is corrosive to aluminum. It was originally formulated for low RPM steel wheels on tractor equipment. 

That is true, I use it in tubes, never in Tubeless
RideOn is one thats safe for tubeless application but then again depends on the if you TPMS or not, dont know whats safe to use with that

Every flat I've ever gotten has been the result of the valve stem ripping out or a complete failure of the tube, i.e. it was ripped to pieces. Have yet to run into a situation where slime would have been effective.

I slime, have UHD Bridgestone tubes. I ride desert & Baja, I don't want to be on side of the trail for 45 minutes changing a tube, having people wait on me.

4 hours ago, luna said:

having people wait on me.

I think Good riding buddies don’t mind a partner wrestling a tire everynow and then, and make fun of him as a bonus, part of the show

• Like 1

I have a friend with a very magnetic personality, we love to let him ride in front.

He ALWAYS gets flats when we are on a trip.

use good offroad tires (not MX tires) with Michelin Air Stop premium tubes ($$$), either HD 3mm of UHD 4mm  no slime needed. Or be like the Dakar guys and all other top tier guys and run mousses for the 90/10 offroad riders

On 1/14/2021 at 6:11 PM, robertaccio said:

use good offroad tires (not MX tires) with Michelin Air Stop premium tubes ($$$), either HD 3mm of UHD 4mm  no slime needed. Or be like the Dakar guys and all other top tier guys and run mousses for the 90/10 offroad riders

Yep. I put the Nitro Mousses in my 500EXC and it's SO nice to not even think about flats.

• Like 1