Sign in to follow this  
97xr400r

Phone based offline navigation

Just wanted to share this video I came across recently. It goes over a phone based GPS navigation setup. 

I've been using locust map on Android phones for quite a few years now, It works great. Navigating the touchscreen with bulky gloves on can be a pain though. My jaw dropped when this guy started talking about the wireless phone navigation button setup. That is really really cool!🤯

Anyways, hope everyone's having a great New year.

• Like 2

If I didn't have the BMW with the wonder wheel, I'd be all over that.

That is UBER impressive! Thanks for sharing...

Thanks Jon, That is a very cool tool. Also like "Drive Mode Dashboard" app, looks like it would pretty helpful. I hadn't heard about any of these.

• Like 1

Digital roadbook use and creation video.

AhhumSeems like this would be a really Great way to have a socially distanced club event, uhumhum

• Like 1

So I ended up getting that Bluetooth controller for use with locus map. The controller is backordered but the wait was worth it. This thing is a step change for wandering around with california trail maps overlaid on satellite imagery, amazing really. Running on a $50 tab.

Also have been messing around with the DMD2 app, it's a very functional app for speed and trip. Turns out the guy developing this software also created the AJP dash. He is very active in addressing issues and is open to ideas. Dmd2 is great and rapidly improving. Garmin=🦕🦖

297684497_Screenshot_20210314-1047132.thumb.png.9b1f41868f640049908b90da11d89765.png

Screenshot_20210314-110704.thumb.png.a5033398a16373463c5304f830552b7d.png

How long was the wait for the controller? What tablet? Is it ruggedized? Any issues with it in heat / rain? Thanks, buddy.

Is anyone interested to order one of this switch sets? I thing to get more than 3 together, and try for discount and save on shipping.

Waited a few weeks for the controller, Thork was proactive and informative on the back order information.

Found a used Samsung tab A on eBay. Tablet is not ruggedized but I bought a decent case for it. At that price point if I get a couple seasons out of it I'll be happy. Ruggedized devices are available but I'm trying to be thrifty and software starts getting old and clunky after a couple years anyways. 

Plenty of ruggedized options though, here's a nice example...

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08HRWYJLZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_C3AA9SY3R7A8H6G9RGAC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Has anybody created any road book logs with the aforementioned software? I might give it a try and was wondering if anyone else has nerded out on this stuff already. Could be a fun way to change up the riding style. 

1720308840_Screenshot_20220708-2218322.thumb.png.d36f0f48b85d1991130eb6ffaf4ccf1d.png