DSM8

12/26 Anza Borego Loop

https://goo.gl/maps/J6A7bDf8mxb2yqkNA

thinking of something along these lines for a day ride, out to A.B. grab lunch or whatnot and come back a different way to make it a loop.

Not hard cast in stone on the loop this is just what I came up with spur of the moment.

Any takers?

This is mostly slated for a pavement ride with lots of twisties but I am not opposed to some dirt thrown in if anyone has ideas.
Nor am I hard set on the route.

Departure time would be bout 8am from Escondido, any earlier and it's just too damn cold to make it fun.

@tntmo

@Mr.JAJA

@paulmbowers

I am allowed to  ride. Pick me up in Ramona? 

Last time i rode back via palm springs.

3 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I am allowed to  ride. Pick me up in Ramona? 

Last time i rode back via palm springs.

The plan is doing loop clockwise so we hit Palomar with plenty of daylight and then have options to cut out early on way back daylight depending 

open to other ideas whats the palm spring route about?

really depends on if we are picking you up in Ramona or starting in Escondido, if we want to do palomar in the AM then it has to start out by me otherwise we end up riding it in the late afternoon which is sketchy on that road due to shadows etc.
Lets see whom else hops onto this ride if it ends up just being us then Ill meet at your place in Ramona and adjust my loop accordingly.

Same here lets see whom pipes in and decide later this week

26 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

Is there a dirt section to take a shortcut on?

Dirt Short cut??? 1st.Borrego spring straight to Salton See. 2nd Warner spring to ANZA, via lost valley, 3rd. Paloma mountain truck trail, parallels to 79 via the mountain.

But don't expect to beat us on the road with a shortcut.

Looked at the map you posted .. I do see a few dirt short cuts proll save you about hun miles.

There would be sand with rock embedded though,  and a few hill climbs .. and a gas station..

If I can't make it hope you guys have fun look like a good route you made. . Where would you eat at?

Following. Can't commit yet. 

2 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Looked at the map you posted .. I do see a few dirt short cuts proll save you about hun miles.

There would be sand with rock embedded though,  and a few hill climbs .. and a gas station..

If I can't make it hope you guys have fun look like a good route you made. . Where would you eat at?

Fish tacos at Salton See?

Is this ride a go for tomorrow? If so. what was decided on the route and when and where is the meet up?

Route is the second map clockwise with options for early outs on the last part depending on daylight 

Meet at Packards in ramona KSU 830

So we had a really good turn out for the ride it was Mr. Yaya ,screaming Sal, Sanrider and TubBender from ADV

Video link below I did a total of 257 miles with another 30 I didnt record getting to the start of the ride

it was uneventful and good pace kept by all.

please post what ever pics you might have from the ride mine are in the video

@Mr.JAJA

@tubebender

@SANRider

https://www.relive.cc/view/vxOQnzNXPM6

13 minutes ago, Huntndogs said:

Nice loop! 104mph 😯

That has to be a mistake we all know we never speed when doing these group rides must be a gps glitch

• Haha 2

Yeh, those things lie. My Nav V shows a top speed of 160. And I can swear on a bible my 1200 won’t go a stitch over 138 with the boxes on., on the flats with no wind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1