Sign in to follow this  
SpaceCowboy

Big bear snowed in yet?

I know the jeep trails are closed, but I’ve got an uncle with some private property trails... 

Is snow already covering the ground up there? Not much precip this year, hoping to get one more ride in

Not much snow up there so far this season.  I have friends who live up there, and they have posted videos and pictures from their rides that they have gone on lately.  Skyline and Clark's Grade are probably closed for the winter, to prevent damage from 4 wheel drive vehicles, but there are routes that are open...at least until the next storm.  The danger is from ice that forms on the trail and then the rider can't see it in the shady spots, and takes a spill.  Check the USFS site site for route closures.

7 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

I know the jeep trails are closed, but I’ve got an uncle with some private property trails... 

Is snow already covering the ground up there? Not much precip this year, hoping to get one more ride in

More info needed hit me up

On 12/22/2020 at 12:06 PM, dirt dame said:

Not much snow up there so far this season.  I have friends who live up there, and they have posted videos and pictures from their rides that they have gone on lately.  Skyline and Clark's Grade are probably closed for the winter, to prevent damage from 4 wheel drive vehicles, but there are routes that are open...at least until the next storm.  The danger is from ice that forms on the trail and then the rider can't see it in the shady spots, and takes a spill.  Check the USFS site site for route closures.

Thanks for the info. Was going to try for the weekend of the new year, but looks like it might snow right before. We’ll see