KTMrad

Anyone Have a Portable Scale that Can Weigh my Sidecar Rig ?

Doing some front suspension upgrades, and would like to check the weight on all 3 wheels of the sidecar rig individually. 

Anyone have a scale that goes up to about 500 pounds where I can pull each wheel onto the scale individually  ?

Or, anyone know of a place that has a scale like this ?

I'm pretty sure that a public scale has that capability. I used to go to a scale in Escondido at Grangetto's, they were able to do weight readings in ten pound increments. Takes some jockeying around to get a single wheel on, but it can be done.  

Might be worth a call.

if you go to Nat City Motos at 1504 Nat City Blvd and ask for a little service time Rob has a NASCAR quality 4 pad digital set, that we have used to weigh my amd others race bikes as well as dwarf car racers with very accurate results. He may be able to dial you in pending his work load and your place in line. 

you can also go to the refuse collection center in escondido they have a scale you drive over to calculate the wieght charge, might be able to get them to just tell you how much it reads as you pass over it.

2 hours ago, DSM8 said:

you can also go to the refuse collection center in escondido they have a scale you drive over to calculate the wieght charge, might be able to get them to just tell you how much it reads as you pass over it.

That won't work, since I need to weigh load on each wheel separately...but thanks.

3 hours ago, robertaccio said:

if you go to Nat City Motos at 1504 Nat City Blvd and ask for a little service time Rob has a NASCAR quality 4 pad digital set, that we have used to weigh my amd others race bikes as well as dwarf car racers with very accurate results. He may be able to dial you in pending his work load and your place in line. 

Great Robert, I will call Rob....thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KTMrad said:

That won't work, since I need to weigh load on each wheel separately...but thanks.

I have a load cell we can lift each wheel off the ground and get a weight but not sure how accurate that would be race scales is your best solution