Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Sunday ride 12/13/20

Now that the weather is nice and cool, I'm trying to get out for a trail ride at least twice a week, which I have actually been doing for the last two weeks.  Sunday, I went out to McCain again.  It's where I usually end up, with Corral Canyon closed and the legal riding at Pine Valley is sort of boring.  With the retro-shutdown, there were a lot of people out there, last weekend.  As usual though, not many of them made it over the top of the ridge to the trail system.  The day was sunny and a cool 50 degrees.  The dirt is quite dry and sandy right now.  Waiting on another rain storm to come through and make things nice again.

IMG_0143.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bub_Hannah said:

Looks like fun.    I have yet to get out there.   

Lots of little trails out there, if you like single track riding.

17 hours ago, dirt dame said:

Lots of little trails out there, if you like single track riding.

Suitable for a mid-size adventure bike?   

I'm still on 80/20 tires....trying my best to burn them up before getting some good 50/50s. 

53 minutes ago, Bub_Hannah said:

Suitable for a mid-size adventure bike?   

I'm still on 80/20 tires....trying my best to burn them up before getting some good 50/50s. 

I think anything over a 500 would start to be a lot of work.  SIngle track is single track.  Most of my riding buddies that have never ridden anything besides track and open desert, usually don't last very long on the routes  that I choose.  These routes are not particularly difficult, but they are to some extent, technical, and also somewhat unrelenting.  A bike that turns quickly and good tires with aggressive knob patterns and sticky compound will work the best for the terrain out there.

• Like 1