Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Local DS A level loop Chula Zona

Well, could never get onto one of the informal east county and or Dez in the last week or 2.

Accepted the invite to do the east of the amphitheater ride into the hills and under 125 and further into the hills with 3 other guys. I rode the 1999 TE610 and now have a good re-love affair with the bike. I understand the machine much better now. So now she will go back under the knife pending an upcoming invite for 100% meetup. My only loss has been the L exhaust mount iso fitting. Also for all the more modern bike guys....accept the blessing of E START!!! I am a very very good kick starter with the TE610, however: it's amazing how fast you lose time by having to kick, just from the group starts best I found to anticipate the departure and fire her off first. So also no worries but an example I was close following the former pro mx guy in the group up a rocky hill (him KTM500) and I did a bump stall, by the time I positioned and get her re-fired he was goooone!

I recall the first estart modern machine I rode was the KTM400EXCF when they first came out 99 time frame....stalled in a rocky corner and never even put feet down, buttoned her and continued. I knew at that moment that the time saving/effort savings would 100% outweigh the @10lb weight addition.

Also practiced my comp release bump start technique for the 610 getting that exercise back!!

So all that said I feel zero restrictions on the Italian Husqvarna TE610, so fire away with meetups as gnarley as you throw that pitch I will join the fun. I will also always pass knowledge for a safer more fun ride any time I am on one of these SDAR rides.

4 rider crew, 3 KTMS, 300XC-W, 350XCF, 500EXCF-W (late models)........Husqvarna TE610 (early model/late 90s model!!)

Robert Nantista, FahQ Racing San Diego, AMA Life, Blue Ribbon Coalition member. 100% in it for fun.

• Like 2

I haven't been down in that area, I usually ride in off of the 94 and ride through the Sycamore area and then over the mountain to Thousand Trails. About 23 miles. How many miles did you cover from the west side?

That 1 post didn't look to good, so I thought I would make it 2. I'm kinda new to dual sporting, but I have been able to get around to a few cool areas. Otay Mountain is close for me and has the great view!

no one had mileage clocked. IDK I am really bad at calculating. 20 maybe 30? I had a full tank so when I refill I will see how much we used for a sort of clue.