Bagstr

Suspension 101 Gobbler Report

Based on reports of good results, I took the plunge and had George Spinelli install a pair of his new fork compression valves on my 2016 XCW.

Yesterday  I met my good friend, Mr. B we will call him in Anza Borrego for 64 miles of varied terrain; deep sand to hard rocks to jet smooth.

The Results are in. I experienced significantly reduced noise through the bars and an increased sense of control and therefore confidence. No bottoming, no change in rebound or the balance front to rear  I had before installation. 

Well Done Geoege 

• Like 6

Glad your happy with your new investment Dave! Pretty "trick" as the youngsters say! 🦃

• Like 1

I need all the advanced equipment to keep up with the likes of you.

I’m sure looking forward to our next gathering 👍🏽

the gobblers, are very functional. slight adjustments make noticeable changes.

• Like 1

I need to do something for my 21 XCW,  I have it resprung but that's it

Please Note: My above comments were regarding a ‘16 xcw Open Chamber set-up. 2017 and after are a complete new Ball Game.

George can improve your system regardless of which system you have.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

I need to do something for my 21 XCW,  I have it resprung but that's it

I'm guessing you have Xplor forks or maybe AER? If you have Xplor then George has two setups for those. Semi pro version replaces the left base valve with a Gobbler and the goofy cone-like compression valve in the left leg with a traditional mid-valve. Once installed the top adjusters will provide rebound and the left bottom Gobbler will provide the compression adjustment similar to a conventional open chamber fork like those used on pre '17 KTM's. If you want to go further he has a pro set up. I had Gobblers in my '14 350 and loved them. Recently purchased a '19 Husqvarna FE450 and have installed George's semi-pro setup. Have not had a chance to ride it yet but heading out in a few weeks and will be able to get some serious seat time. There's an extensive thread on KTM Talk about the Gobbler\mid valve setup. If you have AER's not sure what he has for them but I'm sure he  has a solution. Give him a call.

https://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?560899-101-Suspension-quot-Gobblers-quot

1 hour ago, PbdBlue said:

I'm guessing you have Xplor forks or maybe AER? If you have Xplor then George has two setups for those. Semi pro version replaces the left base valve with a Gobbler and the goofy cone-like compression valve in the left leg with a traditional mid-valve. Once installed the top adjusters will provide rebound and the left bottom Gobbler will provide the compression adjustment similar to a conventional open chamber fork like those used on pre '17 KTM's. If you want to go further he has a pro set up. I had Gobblers in my '14 350 and loved them. Recently purchased a '19 Husqvarna FE450 and have installed George's semi-pro setup. Have not had a chance to ride it yet but heading out in a few weeks and will be able to get some serious seat time. There's an extensive thread on KTM Talk about the Gobbler\mid valve setup. If you have AER's not sure what he has for them but I'm sure he  has a solution. Give him a call.

https://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?560899-101-Suspension-quot-Gobblers-quot

Yes I have the Xplor forks.   I will contact him   Thank you

• Like 1