Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Champ

Covid, my experience,

Hey friends,

I just thought I would share my experience to allay some fears that some of you may have. While I am a fatalist about whether I would get Covid and stated often that I was either going to get it or get a vaccine eventually. Well Sunday before last it was my turn, High fever while freezing for about 16 hours, couldn't warm up and no energy for 2 days after that, appetite was ok, no nausea, lots of muscle aches. Very similar to a flu/hangover/malaria. Lots of fun. Anyway 9 days in and I'm just about back to 90% good. By the way I'm 63 and have a history of asthma. I must admit I was spooked at first, now I'm glad I was careful but not crazy worried for months. A funny note, I tried a microbrew yesterday and it tasted like pickle juice, yum.

While this post isn't really ride related  I thought I could give back a little to this community by allaying some fears of fellow members, this is in no way meant to minimize anyone elses experience or make light of the illness. Just carry on, you most probably won't die from it and most likely can't avoid it, so ride on and be careful.

Your friend, Uncle C.

• Like 7

I have a friend that because they crashed and sustained an injury that required hospitalization and surgery, they were tested and came up positive.  A bit of high fever on and off for a couple of days, a bad headache (could have been cause by the crash,  their helmet was absolutely destroyed) and a loss of taste was about all they ended up with.  Soon, they were fooling around on a scooter with their arm wrapped tight in a cast, then within days, flaunting their stitches in their elbow, last weekend, out on their new replacement motorcycle, with all new gear.  This was all in the space of the last three weeks.  I had seen them about 5 days prior to their testing, so I cancelled the Thanksgiving dinner that I was supposed to go to with my brother, as well as other social venues I was supposed to attend.

Thanks for sharing. Appreciate your perspective. 

glad you are better from the scourge from the folks that......

Thanks for sharing UC...glad you are doing better...best to you and the family!

Thanks for your support, quick update . One thing they don't tell you is your teeth hurt as if you have a bunch of cavities or bad gum infections. 3 out of us 5 that just had it were in pain like that.

Mine settled in my upper rear right molar, like a wisdom tooth coming in. It still aches. All good just weird.

Cheers, I'm going back to physical outdoor labor today ( unless it snows to hard, dang Idaho)

Unc C.

• Like 2

Unc

Why where you so certain you would get the virus? Only 5% of the population has it.

I wasn't certain but I was not scared to contract it. In turns out it is quite infectious, the entire household and the neighbors got it to various degrees.