Sign in to follow this  
350thumper

Fish Creek ADV

there won't be any fish...

Or even anything that resembles a creek 

20201207_080539_3249.jpg.fa83a1a93e63105aa1662f2e987fbd7c.jpg

Expect  smooth sand , & trails that climb, and dirt bikes that occasionally fall over, 

This route wraps around the backway of Fish Creek.

Plated bikes only 300-650cc.

(Big bike ok if you ride like a dog).

There's an old abandoned stage town near the stagecoach highway (historic overland route)  to explore.

If interested post up.

9:00 meet up

Ksu 9:15

4 hr ADV tour.

Where and when? Meet location? How many miles? (is still a big question for me)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 350thumper said:

9.0L. Min fuel requirement. 

20201207_075631_8889.jpg.3799e2d6fe24e4977e9b1b76efead328.jpg

Chevron staging area. 

9L= 2.37755 Gal good to go that's my stock tank full basically, I can carry too. when where meet up?

Zubb, your a beast.  I know you ride a big bike.

I didn't know you ride sand with it...

1 💓  community point for you... 

Hey guys this route will be testing the fundamental ergonomics of your machine. Its going to push the boundary between having a comfortable dual sport  v.s. how much of a dirt bike do you really have when you need it.

On this Fish Creek ADV tour there will b Mellopace ,  and also your going to be able to make your vehicles top speed.. flat out , wide open 6th gear across the desert sand roads

There will be vertically xhalenging sections that only a motorcycle would be comfortable on. 

Some places sand so deep that you will have to power through it.  This tour is an ADV expedition ,there's no telling what may happen (that's the fun of adventure for me).

Also on the return route I have a special plated section. That is sure to bring back that feeling of when you were a kid on first dirt bike ...

Anyone who signs on for this please ride safely and with caution (ATGATT) We want ev we Rhone to return home safe. No torn ligaments or Charlie Horses on the right leg from daydreaming or sightseeing while riding.

11 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Zubb, your a beast.  I know you ride a big bike.

I didn't know you ride sand with it...

1 💓  community point for you... 

Hey guys this route will be testing the fundamental ergonomics of your machine. Its going to push the boundary between having a comfortable dual sport  v.s. how much of a dirt bike do you really have when you need it.

On this Fish Creek ADV tour there will b Mellopace ,  and also your going to be able to make your vehicles top speed.. flat out , wide open 6th gear across the desert sand roads

There will be vertically xhalenging sections that only a motorcycle would be comfortable on. 

Some places sand so deep that you will have to power through it.  This tour is an ADV expedition ,there's no telling what may happen (that's the fun of adventure for me).

Also on the return route I have a special plated section. That is sure to bring back that feeling of when you were a kid on first dirt bike ...

Anyone who signs on for this please ride safely and with caution (ATGATT) We want ev we Rhone to return home safe. No torn ligaments or Charlie Horses on the right leg from daydreaming or sightseeing while riding.

I like sand. It’s quite fun ... up to about a foot deep. After that I run out of talent and start compensating with foul language. 
if the day worked out for me I was going to ping you for more detail on the route and conditions.
I still don’t see what day this ride is.  

2 hours ago, Zubb said:

I like sand. It’s quite fun ... up to about a foot deep. 

Zubb,   that's awesome you have that type of control over the sand with a big bike.20201208_214209_5513_9313.jpg.00d2a071820c9720c19307d8dd047638.jpg

What days do you have available this weekend, Zubb?

Don’t oversell me bro. 😁 

This weekend is a no go for me. Will likely not be back in town yet. 

One time I was out in a sand wash and saw what I can only explain as a torpedo in the sand.  Visible from the surface was a breathing snorkel, fresh air intake nozzle and a GoPro.  As it approached me and the sand starting turning to dirt, out popped Zubb on the big Beemer.  With a tip of his helmet and a twist of the throttle-resulting in one of the longest wheelies I have ever seen-he was off.  Definitely a sight that I will never forget.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A torpedo in the sand ?

Wow . Now I really gotta see this...

How about you Robert?

This weekend a no go for you too?

10 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

A torpedo in the sand ?

Wow . Now I really gotta see this...

How about you Robert?

This weekend a no go for you too?

sat or sun?

1 hour ago, simicrintz said:

One time I was out in a sand wash and saw what I can only explain as a torpedo in the sand.  Visible from the surface was a breathing snorkel, fresh air intake nozzle and a GoPro.  As it approached me and the sand starting turning to dirt, out popped Zubb on the big Beemer.  With a tip of his helmet and a twist of the throttle-resulting in one of the longest wheelies I have ever seen-he was off.  Definitely a sight that I will never forget.

Thanks for that, now that I’m wiping spewed beer off my screen. 😂

2 hours ago, robertaccio said:

sat or sun?

If Zubb is a sand torpedo ,  Robert must be a heat seeking missile ..

20201209_193922_3327.jpg.bb3c5a5e52cad2dfdb2b2b237b87226c.jpg

20201209_192142_4384.thumb.jpg.8970e205696066a355b5867ff6679c76.jpg

Saturday works for me.  

Highly interested in this.  Where to meet?  Also are plated bike 100% necessary?  I have a buddy who may be down, no plate but extremely adventurous   

Yes pokey your +1 is invited  .

Its ok if your friend is currently slab challenged. He won't be left behind...just make sure he can handle his MX. This ain't no noob ride.

Meet at the spot @9.

8 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Yes pokey your +1 is invited  .

Its ok if your friend is currently slab challenged. He won't be left behind...just make sure he can handle his MX. This ain't no noob ride.

Meet at the spot @9.

Well my friend is out, looks like he will be working.  "This ain't no noob ride" has me curious as I still have no clue what my dual sport skillset is?

Also where is the spot?  I should know tomorrow afternoon if I can go.  I need to repair another bike I bought and repair it and deliver it to my friend

Oh OK.  Thanks for getting back to me at least. 

Have  fun repairing and making ready for the friends with bikes. 

Shutting this ride down in 1 hr and 20 minutes. If no one committs..

Haven't heard if anyone can do the run. 

I need a 24 notice to plan the event.

Thanks every one for the pleasant conversations 

I am good for SAT morning  0900 time frame? location I just got back onto this thread now