Sign in to follow this  
Zubb

parking at Tecate

I'm wondering what our members do for parking on the US side of the border at Tecate.  I have a friend who's gonna truck his bike there and then join several of us ADV riders.  I've seen a few lots there but didn't pay attention because I always ride to there.

Free or pay parking, any tips or suggestions?

2 hours ago, Zubb said:

I'm wondering what our members do for parking on the US side of the border at Tecate.  I have a friend who's gonna truck his bike there and then join several of us ADV riders.  I've seen a few lots there but didn't pay attention because I always ride to there.

Free or pay parking, any tips or suggestions?

$5-10 a day I believe works great have used all 3 lots zero problems

First, let's hear about this ride!

I've parked on the right hand side across from the gas station in the lot with the coffee cart for $5/daily and it's been fine.

Great info guys!  My GSA gets nervous and starts bucking when I get her near a loading ramp. She thinks we are going to Dealership or something.  So I just ride it to my rides.

😉

I put together a little Tecate Pk ADV bike ride for Motorcyclists of SD Meetup, and a couple guys have 701's, 501's, DR's; and would prefer hauling them to Tecate and meeting us there for a ride to the top and a little self packed picnic up top.  It's turning into quite a shin-dig and I'm thinking about hiring a band and bringing kegs.

. . . .

. . . . . . .

just kidding.

We will ride 94 to Tecate due to group size. I've led some very large groups on dirt routes and it doesn't 'flow' very well with the disparity in skill levels.  Thus, I'm NOT taking the border to Tecate.

Thanks for the info !!

19 hours ago, Zubb said:

😉

"It's turning into quite a shin-dig and I'm thinking about hiring a band and bringing kegs."

I remember an overnight campout ride that the Los Ancianos MC club organized down to Laguna Hansen one year. We were miles from any paved roads, enjoying a carne asada dinner, when a Mariachi band showed up that they had hired. It was a great time!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ptkatoomer said:

That's funny cause I've seen similar!

@danrider and I went for a spin into Baja 2 or 3 years ago.  Stumbled into the clubhouse of the Solo Angelos and the next thing you know, we are in the middle of a 50 bike parade through TJ and out east past Tecate into the desert.  "we" pulled off the road in the middle of nowhere at a little taco stand and as 50 loud Harleys (and 2 BMW's) pulled in, . . . . a Mariachi band materializes from out of the sage brush.  It was hilarious, and cool and so . . . . . Baja.