Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Free Android Apps for smart phone mileage tracking

Anyone know a good free app store gps mileage tracker for my smart phone? With a start stop feature. I need to do some fuel mileage testing to get a feel for my "new" DS bike. 

I googled it and found 100 different answers. 

Any of the gps apps for android will do it. Gaia, Osmond, etc. I think most have a free version. Just turn on track recording at the start of your ride. 

• Like 2

Keep it simple with something like this. reset trip meter every time you refuel. takes 2 seconds. Bonus you see how fast you go

X001.jpg

I just checked in with friend Kelly at Trail tech I want minimalistic will most likely go with Endurance 2 most simple for my battery-less 1999 TE610. I don't want RPM/Speed or anything more than odometer.

Thanks Also FYI for ideas.  I just ordered some PTFE tubing to slit and put over my brake line to snake the pickup wires through. Besides my brake line over tube is cracked and getting hung up in the guides. So the PTFE conduit will cure 2 issues as a wire conduit and new guide tube.

Android has a standard app called "my tracks". It might already be on your phne. Or like Jim said, any host of free apps like Gaia, Rever, Relive, onx....etc....

• Like 1

I’m a Rever fan. It’s free. It tracks really well and is dead simple to use. It will store each ride so you can easily review stats at a later date. I use it every week for route creation, which I then upload to my Garmin (because I hate navigation on a small phone screen).  It’s great for ADV rides including truck trails and remote routes  to include BDR’s.

Bonus: I really really like the Pro version. Normally $49/yr. Rever has given me a half-off discount code for our Meetup Group “Motorcyclists of San Diego”   If anyone here wants the Pro version code just PM me. 

Rever also has a YouTube channel with a couple dozen 1 - 2 minute videos on how to use it’s features. Below is an example. 
I’m also starting to use the Community set up for my group. To show each other routes and share tracks for others to download. 

This isn’t meant to be a commercial. I like it because it works and is very simple to use. 

This is a very simple app I've used from time to time. It's a dash with heading and miles per hour along with mileage tracking capabilities very simple to use.

Screenshot_20210224-110618.png

On 2/24/2021 at 6:23 AM, Zubb said:

I’m a Rever fan. It’s free. It tracks really well and is dead simple to use. It will store each ride so you can easily review stats at a later date. I use it every week for route creation, which I then upload to my Garmin (because I hate navigation on a small phone screen).  It’s great for ADV rides including truck trails and remote routes  to include BDR’s.

Bonus: I really really like the Pro version. Normally $49/yr. Rever has given me a half-off discount code for our Meetup Group “Motorcyclists of San Diego”   If anyone here wants the Pro version code just PM me. 

Rever also has a YouTube channel with a couple dozen 1 - 2 minute videos on how to use it’s features. Below is an example. 
I’m also starting to use the Community set up for my group. To show each other routes and share tracks for others to download. 

This isn’t meant to be a commercial. I like it because it works and is very simple to use. 

@zubb I just downloaded Rever and gonna give 'er a shot.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:59 PM, amgems said:

Any of the gps apps for android will do it. Gaia, Osmond, etc. I think most have a free version. Just turn on track recording at the start of your ride. 

Gaia is my choice.