Sign in to follow this  
SpaceCowboy

2009 Ktm 400 no spark

Drive 2 hours to find out my 400xcw didn’t have spark. Drove two hours home :( at least I had the day off. In the garage with a multimeter, looks like it’s the pulse generator. Replacement on the way. Also notice a leaking fork. Dang it. I’ll wait until the bike is running to send the forks out. 

DBCC64CF-7DE7-46C3-9533-32B7F4FA5E1B.jpeg

Internet tells me the pulse generator should measure 200 ohms, but mine is measuring 1? Which I guess means it’s an open circuit? Which means it’s bad? We’ll see when the new part arrives. 

980A7E4E-34C8-4BC6-9CF9-3459DC7AA8C2.jpeg

Bummer!!

Mine were leaking as well and I took the bike to George at Suspension 101 and he added the Gobblers and did the seals at the same time; you may want to give him a call :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Bummer!!

Mine were leaking as well and I took the bike to George at Suspension 101 and he added the Gobblers and did the seals at the same time; you may want to give him a call :) 

I hear good things about George, but he's busy and far from me. For just a fluid and seals I'll probably find someone closer to me that can get a quick turn around. 

Good news and bad news on the pulse generator. good news: the new part tests as it should, so this is probably the culprit. Still won't call it until it's installed and running. Bad news: I need a flywheel puller to install this f&$%er. It'll be here next Monday...

• Sad 1

You know what they say; good things are worth the wait!  I am in Escondido and made the drive out and am super stoked; it's a whole new bike!

By the way, I am not a paid spokesperson, nor do I play one on TV; just a happy customer!

On 11/22/2020 at 7:14 PM, SpaceCowboy said:

Internet tells me the pulse generator should measure 200 ohms, but mine is measuring 1? Which I guess means it’s an open circuit? Which means it’s bad? We’ll see when the new part arrives. 

980A7E4E-34C8-4BC6-9CF9-3459DC7AA8C2.jpeg

1 Ohm means a short.