Anybody riding this weekend at the local trails? I prefer sticker bike single track. PV, McCain or Corral Canyon. 

Its McCain 8AM

I'm interested for Sunday.     Caveat....  I'm on a midsize adventure bike, w/80/20 road tires.  Would like to get a feel for that area...but not up for anything gnarly.   Most challenging  I've been so far have been Cedar Creek and the trail to the tippy-top of Black MTN in Ramona.   Neither of which were difficult for me.    I have not done any single track yet.   Would like to if it's not gnarly.

I don't want to hold anyone back, so if you think I'm not a good fit, you won't hurt my feelings.  ;)

12 hours ago, Bub_Hannah said:

I'm interested for Sunday.     Caveat....  I'm on a midsize adventure bike, w/80/20 road tires.  Would like to get a feel for that area...but not up for anything gnarly.   Most challenging  I've been so far have been Cedar Creek and the trail to the tippy-top of Black MTN in Ramona.   Neither of which were difficult for me.    I have not done any single track yet.   Would like to if it's not gnarly.

I don't want to hold anyone back, so if you think I'm not a good fit, you won't hurt my feelings.  ;)

I'm up for Sunday!  I agree with Bub Hannah...I'm on a midsize adventure with 50/50 tires. She's not as nimble as my XR400 was , but I would like to challenge her a bit on Sunday!!

Chris

949-933-9242

This will be my 4th ride day this year so I'll take it easy and meet you guys at the oak tree at 8. 

I'm only going to ride for a couple hours or so then head home.

Red van, white YZ 450

McCain Valley/Lark Canyon OHV area. The main parking lot has a large oak tree in the middle. See you there.

Never been there, ill try and find it.  I'll be on a crf450l driving out in a black tacoma

Question is a CRF450L with skid plate etc.  It is heavier. So is it good for there or would a MX bike YZ450F be better.  It does not have a skid plate.  Its set up for a track

The CRF would be the better choice. It's mostly singletrack and flowy two track stuff. You can get in to some pretty rocky stuff if you wanted to.

Can someone pinpoint this location on a map....I'm not seeing a parking lot with an oak tree in the middle with Satallite image map.

Also....is this a good area for mid-size Adventure bikes?

Guys, I have to pass on the ride tomorrow. Family stuff...see you on the next one!  Have fun!!

Chris

14 minutes ago, Bub_Hannah said:

Can someone pinpoint this location on a map....I'm not seeing a parking lot with an oak tree in the middle with Satallite image map.

Also....is this a good area for mid-size Adventure bikes?

Paste these coordinates into google maps  32.7222380933778, -116.26905617997059

16 minutes ago, SANRider said:

Paste these coordinates into google maps  32.7222380933778, -116.26905617997059

Doesn't work

Looks like a small group forming up. Good.

There's a full spectrum of riding at McCain. Simple dirt roads to highly technical single track. We'll play it by ear and cater to the group's ambition.

See you in the morning.

Looks like I'm gonna miss this.  Gonnbe out practicing at the hard Enduro track near the IronDoor. Enjoy  the weather shud be great.

Missed out today....   family needs trumped.     Guess I'll go riding this afternoon.

Hope you peeps have fun....be safe.