Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

McCain today @1200 hrs TE610 shakedown ride

a little tuning and a shakedown confidence ride. today at @1200  if anyone is interested . Should not be able to miss a 1999 Husqvarna TE610 by the big tree zone.

• Like 1

I rode the 610 to work today (it's only a mile or so away) 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 5:54 PM, Ptkatoomer said:

Moving to the Dark side    :)

Husqvarna Italia?  4 stroke? Old school bike?........I think you meant DS 

Italia &Sweden  sweet Cagiva 

Bring the giraffe to S1 . It loves sand washes.

There's an elephant under your magneto cover.  Whistle back if you know what it stands for...

2 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Italia &Sweden  sweet Cagiva 

Bring the giraffe to S1 . It loves sand washes.

There's an elephant under your magneto cover.  Whistle back if you know what it stands for...

Ducati Energia Elettroniche.   le sospensioni e pui morbide da morire...bigtime bottom outs, zero static sag still long on race sag... next phase pull her back apart and re-spring..  She's a hearty Italian of Swedish descent. and yes you are correct about the sand wash part of my test was blasting down that short sand wash north of the big tree, she does actually pull 6th gear.......but I backed off quickly after clicking 6th.  These 610/577/630 beasts really get with the program. And yes there are lots of Cagiva Elefant emblems around the machine in castings and makers marks. Engine is running great, maybe a little more low end carbby tuning with the mix screw but mid to open is spot on and strong and smooth. I really want the suspension to be on, at the least on in the spring rates, Dont want to go crazy with it should be fine with the soft enduro spec valving just want the ride position correct with springs.

• Like 1

20201115_055749_5497.thumb.jpg.3c9f8dd117228edffd875d6addd2c431.jpg

On any Sunday ... sand washes  for miles... 

I'd like to pit my xr 650l vs the twin air .

The twin air is faster , lighter quicker and sexier.but  the xr650l  has electric start.

The only bike that I've seen out manuver  the 650l at low speed is the KTM 300 injected2stroke(ptkoomer).  But in the washes my bike leaves them wishing they had something more. The 300 be like  " dang dd dang dang dang dang "   my 650 be like "brrrrraaaaaaaap thump thump thump thump Honda Honda!" With fire in its eyes.

• Like 1

I will not yet pound sand washes over the OEM suspension... it is very very soft, like set up for a very casual trail riderat 15%,  85% buzzing around your small town in EU. All else is pretty good now, I may lower my final drive, to make 2nd and 3rd more user friendly.

Ya first is pretty tall.  

I've got mine  husky  sprung for a 285 lb rider.

It won't G-out and basically goes over antitjing point it at. 

Glad to hear you'res is getting sorted.   Now let's get. Ride going in Mexico.

• Like 1