Zubb

Mtn Springs Station the hard way...

This is my video starting at the uphill part of the stagecoach loop. Next time I would descend this side and go up the north trail. Rough spot ends about 8:20. Soil is loose and rocky.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Huntndogs said:

This is my video starting at the uphill part of the stagecoach loop. Next time I would descend this side and go up the north trail. Rough spot ends about 8:20. Soil is loose and rocky.

Well done. A trail bike is the correct bike for this.

• Like 2

Thanks all. I've never explored this area....need to get out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

Thanks all. I've never explored this area....need to get out there.

Next week?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Huntndogs said:

So I’m sitting by the pool next to the wife and dog. Watching this video while wife is on her iPad doing her thing, and Barb eventually says ‘hey what station are you listening too?’ She loves the soundtrack. 
nice work on the vid. 

• Like 3

Got it, thanks Mike. Looks like there is more in the area. I'd like to check out Valley of the Moons too.

PMB, next week is no good for me. But soon.

BTW, total elapse time to loan tracks into my phone...47 seconds. Hit download, open Gaia, click upload, click track, synch to phone....so easy...basecamp is so yesterday...

• Like 2

I hope to begin my more DS exploring career soon, my TE610 is at the 99% mark all tagged insured, just need a full brake bleed and couple more wiring connections. I will be a trailer/truck it to the stage zone. Hope to hear more about these types of rides as the cool weather is now kicking in. Nice video!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

So I’m sitting by the pool next to the wife and dog. Watching this video while wife is on her iPad doing her thing, and Barb eventually says ‘hey what station are you listening too?’ She loves the soundtrack. 
nice work on the vid. 

Thanks Zubb...

Some of the Valley of Moons has been closed to vehicular traffic. Still a scenic ride.

• Sad 1

When riding this area, I usually stage at the park next to the Jacumba Library. Large lot and never had any issues. 

• Like 1

well whenever I get onboard one of these adventures I will get with the stage zone. I am at 5% road 95% off road setup.

On 10/31/2020 at 7:38 PM, Huntndogs said:

Thanks Zubb...

Some of the Valley of Moons has been closed to vehicular traffic. Still a scenic ride.

Would you agree that the counter clockwise loop would be notably easier than going clockwise?

5 hours ago, Zubb said:

Would you agree that the counter clockwise loop would be notably easier than going clockwise?

Yes, still some loose and somewhat sketchy downhill sections, but definitely easier.