Sign in to follow this  
LightningJM

Anybody try out WORCS? What bike? 350

Hello, went to open discussion because it's not dual sport related.  I have a FX450 (AKA the "Desert Bomber") that I did up with Flexx Bars, stabilizer, etc.  I have been hitting the track recently and want to do it more.  I really don't want to blow dozens and dozens of hours on that bike rolling the track and to be honest the 450 is too much for me on the track.  So I've been looking at 350's in hopes that it might inspire confidence to push it a little versus always holding back.  So obviously SX or FC.  But I also want to hit some WORCS races in 2021 for some travel, fun, challenge and adventure.  I've never done that so I don't know if it would be necessary at a WORCS race to have the bigger tank, sixth gear, and 18 inch tire of an XC or FX? And will that defeat the purpose of having a "track" bike?  The FX/XC will need suspension work I'm sure, where the FC/SX probably not.  My FX450 needed it, the rear end squatted and the forks were super harsh, if I tried to get the forks tolerable I couldn't balance the bike (went to George, S101, revalve and spring conversion, huge improvement and highly recommended!).  

P.S. I have a done up DR650 to help fund this if anybody is interested.