dirt dame

Ride before the cold snap 10/22/20

Took Mr. 501 for a nice workout yesterday up in the San Bernardinos.  Weather was great with  temps ranging 65-75 degrees, depending on where I was a given point in the ride.  I got a late start, so the ride wasn't too leisure, with no real rest stops or a lunch break.  The trails and roads were empty, and the signs were already up on 2N10 advising that it will soon be closed for the winter.  The frolicsome water crossing at the Santa Ana river is now off limits and that portion of the road is closed while work crews repair the washed out bridge and reroute the riverbed back to its original course, after which, they will rebuild the washed out stretch of road where the water is flowing presently.

I sure love my bike.  It's probably the most versatile and fun machine I have ever owned, especially after I had the suspension tuned in the last couple of months.

Fall colors!

IMG_0130.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

A distant tiny puff of smoke on a burned out mountain range, and a layer of smoke over the valley was a sad reminder of how close the recent wild fire got to the riding areas.

50518807017_107c9aea47_o.jpg?width=1920&

Views looking southeast and northwest at 9000 feet.

IMG_0132.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

50517916008_070abbf298_o.jpg?width=1920&

• Like 2