Zubb

That darn zipper

Anyone have a suggestion where one might get a few new zippers put in an old favorite adventure jacket?

The local dry cleaner usually has a good idea.......

Right near your house... there used to be a seamstress place behind Mart Liquor and Fishers mercedez (approx) that did zippers, but frankly, I have had better luck by contacting the manufacturer.  Recently, I sent a alpinestar jacket back to company and the fee was small, and I remembered to ask for the Heavy duty zipper install instead of the original, for about 10 extra bucks.  Perfect reinstall and way better than original.  Good luck.  (finding a smaller bike too, as you likely ripped your zipper muscling that beast bike of yours - haha) 

Lilly’s.  She has repaired Klim riding pants for me.

This is my favorite new tool. I used it to repair my back pack. I did a way better job than the seamstress did. It was so much fun to use, now I look around for stuff to fix. Very good instructions on their web site. Maybe it could be used on your zipper.

awl.png

http://www.speedystitcher.com/

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:17 AM, Zubb said:

Anyone have a suggestion where one might get a few new zippers put in an old favorite adventure jacket?

I recommend sending it to Jim (amgems) above...:smile_anim:

1 hour ago, amgems said:

This is my favorite new tool. I used it to repair my back pack. I did a way better job than the seamstress did. It was so much fun to use, now I look around for stuff to fix. Very good instructions on their web site. Maybe it could be used on your zipper.

awl.png

http://www.speedystitcher.com/

you have far more faith in my abilities than I do.  I can turn a spanner righty tighty, lefty loosey,  but that thing has ER written all over it.

On 10/18/2020 at 1:00 PM, MacDuncan said:

Right near your house... there used to be a seamstress place behind Mart Liquor and Fishers mercedez (approx) that did zippers, but frankly, I have had better luck by contacting the manufacturer.  Recently, I sent a alpinestar jacket back to company and the fee was small, and I remembered to ask for the Heavy duty zipper install instead of the original, for about 10 extra bucks.  Perfect reinstall and way better than original.  Good luck.  (finding a smaller bike too, as you likely ripped your zipper muscling that beast bike of yours - haha) 

I'll see if 'they' are still there.  Worst case scenario I can hit the liquor store on the way back.

It's an old BMW jacket that I think looks pretty cool. But the zipper has less teeth in it than ol' granny Hickock. If I sent it to BMW they might send me a new one as a replacement.  Which wouldn't be nearly as cool looking as the old one.  What's a poor guy to do.

Dropped it at Lilly's.  She quoted $25.  I was so happy I forgot to go into the liquor store.