Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

First ride of Autumn 10/08/20

So...a few months back, I had Mr. 501's forks revalved...but didn't have enough money to do the rear shock at the same time.  The shock didn't seem nearly as bad as the forks, so I was willing to wait a little while to get that tuned.  I got some birthday money last month, and with all the fires, hot weather and poor air quality, it was the perfect time to have the shock redone.  Besides, the seal was starting to leak, so it was going to be needing some work no matter what.

Yesterday was the first day that the temperature took a significant dip, so it was a good day to go out, enjoy the high desert and check out how the bike would ride.  Of course, I knew it was going to ride great, and headed out late in the morning.  There were a few riders in the staging area when I got there, but I only saw one of them out on the trail.  I wasn't feeling very energetic or motivated after spending a whole month off the bike, so I headed north up McCain Valley road to warm up.  My plan was to enter a trail system as far away from the staging area as possible and then just ride tiny trails all the way back to the Jeep.  It worked out well, and I rode conservatively for the most part, had a lot of fun, and managed to boil the radiator over in a really tight slow spot.  I saw a muley deer doe in one spot along the trail and a buck in another spot.  Other than that, it was relatively uneventful.  The weather was nice, probably below 80 degrees,  fairly windy.  Trail conditions were exactly what you would expect them to be for this time of year, and the first good rain can't come too soon, as far as I'm concerned.

North end trail....

50439483551_e053e6eb01_o.jpg?width=1920&

Uh oh...somebody is missing something.

IMG_0125.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

A little stretch of trail, and the only rider I came across ended up being in the only video I shot.

• Like 1

Nice report, Mimi!  Enjoyed the video too.  I need to get out there soon.  I hope the cooler weather sticks around for a while.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mctrails said:

Nice report, Mimi!  Enjoyed the video too.  I need to get out there soon.  I hope the cooler weather sticks around for a while.

Thanks.  Unfortunately the weather will get warmer again next week...but it can't stay warm forever.  And it will be nice this weekend, too.