350thumper

Old Stagecoach Motocamp Overnighter Oct 23-24

Rock face climbs, sand washes, alien spaceship recovery, desert towers .

IMG_20201002_092940682.thumb.jpg.0443f3250806436ca73c2eb3dcf36cb8.jpg

Come relive the wild west and explore the (haunted) wagon trail that our settlers traveled on hundreds of years ago to discover and pioneer this great nation we live in.

I’ll be doing Diego to Glamis and back. Be passing through that little short section. I’ll wave if I see yas 👋 

I've heard other riders say that when you turn your motor off and listen to the area Intently, that you can still hear the hooves of horses and jingling of running gear and wooden wagon wheels of settlers that given thier lives on this trail.

One rider even told me of voices of men and women he heard when out there alone at night DS camping.

So we will definitely be stopping in a particular shady spot where he heard that stuff.  

Expecting cool temps because it is in the tip top elevations of this mountainous higher Dezert.

Out there a few years ago and came across this guy. Windy day and he was taking shelter where the trail makes the big left at the top. Once i took my helmet and pack off, he let me walk to about 20 feet from him

20180218_085924.jpg

• Like 2

Sooooo,  are you guys trying to go on this ride or is this thread turning into a Stagecoach trail documentary?

💩 I'm thinking about filling up my above ground swimming pool full of Rotella heavy duty diesel truck motor oil from Wal-Mart and  just doing a huge cannonball off the carport into it.

Do you guys have any recommendations on what viscosity Rotella I should use for it ? 

The cashier guy at Wal-Mart says use a 5/30wt so that my crank floats on the oil at all times even in desert conditions..

Any thoughts?

It was beautiful out there. I waved 👋 

highly recommend getting out there before it cools down. 

C524B996-F633-4032-9B6B-4754F64D7AAC.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey thanks for waving. Nice pic slaugo . Glad to see there are 1 or 2 riders that can (revised)...

Thanks every one for participating in the thread .

Rook/Olympian Camp & Ride out there you'll need sleeping pad, tarp or tent , water , charged cell phone, & those days off work.

I'm a new at camping off my bike, so you won't have to be a pro Moto camper to do this one , like minded riders welcome.

Cancel ...

There's a sale on Rotella at HarborFrieght so I'll be taking my wife and kids there at night on the exact same day of the ride . . Sorry I can't make it.

IMG_20201009_090316105_5282_2982.thumb.jpg.2d481d808a6400f119a9a40d7f01d0bb.jpg