350thumper

Otay NooBs ride Saturday Oct 3

Hello erry one.,

There's been some interest in the Otay Mountain Truck Trail.

This is a beginner friendly orientation ride. Great chance to meet other ADV/dual sport enthusiasts. Friendly atmosphere, new riders welcome.

Big ADV bikes welcome and smaller 250-650cc dual sport bikes.

Adventuring near the US/ Mexico border wall mountain area over looking lakes and Mexican landscape.

Meet up spot is Pio Pico Campground.8am.

If any interest please post up, 

Things you'll need:

Full tank gas

Protective gear

Water pac

Camera or phone .

Disclaimer: this ride is not affiliated with any group, sect, or organization. You must and will be responsible for your own actions and safety of your own vehicle. Nor does it endorse televised or any other website type promotion. Except when to do so by permission of organizer.

I'm a solid 50/50 right now.   I just added a new exhaust to my Harley (went from slip on's to a full system and flash) so excited to take that out this weekend and my mx race bike, I just got the suspension re-revalved and am really itching to try it out at the track, plus I picked up a older creampuff 03 CRF450R I need to clean the carb, grease bushings, fluid change etc and start the conversion to make it a flat tracker.  So if I put aside some of that, I can make it.  I really enjoyed the last trip out there

I'm down. I'm most def a noob and qualify for this ride 😁I've only been to Otay Mtn twice. First time was great, second time I went over my handle bars (I got a little excited). Let's hope third time's a charm!

• Like 1

Awesome, 

I'm glad there is interest  You guys are really going to enjoy this trek. The sky is going to be bright blue with a cool morning mountain breeze flowing across the smooth and easy ADVenture trail that we will be embarking upon.

Expecting visibility across the Mexican terrain to be clear and sharp, perfect for taking in the magnificent panarama that this southern San Diego journey can provide.

At the beginning of the ride we will gather together and talk group safety to orientate ourselves with each other and chat about exploring the traverse destination that we are heading to.

Hoping this expedition gives the solivagent riders a chance to relax and roam with us, experiencing the sweet sonder of each individual living thier own dream as an independent adventure rider.

The freedom of this quest will sweep you away from the monotony of weekday work life, giving you a chance to live and dissolve any feelings of resfeber that may be bottling up inside as your anticipating being elsewhere this week.

Going safely and confidently up into the wild, it is my every intention to temporarily satisy the cravings of your wanderlust, knowing you'll gain new companions to share the excitement of nature's gift to all of us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 350thumper said:

Hoping this expedition gives the solivagent riders a chance to relax and roam with us, experiencing the sweet sonder of each individual living thier own dream as an independent adventure rider.

The freedom of this quest will sweep you away from the monotony of weekday work life, giving you a chance to live and dissolve any feelings of resfeber that may be bottling up inside as your anticipating being elsewhere this week.

Amen 350. while I may not be solivagent, I am looking forward to dissolving my resferber all next week.  

• Haha 1

Thank you radwor,

The fanciness of your eloquence inclines my aspiration impulsivly.

I guess I’m out. I’m having no luck finding a rear tube for my dub that’ll be here in time. 180/80-14 is the size. I have one ordered but it won’t arrive until the 6th. ☹️

4 minutes ago, TdubLady said:

I guess I’m out. I’m having no luck finding a rear tube for my dub that’ll be here in time. 180/80-14 is the size. I have one ordered but it won’t arrive until the 6th. ☹️

Here's one on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Standard-80-14-Valve-548715/dp/B0012TZ1MA/ref=pd_lpo_293_t_0/141-9389974-6775607?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0012TZ1MA&pd_rd_r=cb121bdb-15df-407f-9c60-06dea198806a&pd_rd_w=wLJtC&pd_rd_wg=5Qhr8&pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&pf_rd_r=TSDPRRSC8VSSNJV3CGWX&psc=1&refRID=TSDPRRSC8VSSNJV3CGWX

or maybe Cycle Gear or 8Ball has them in stock?

Hi tdub , I checked coyne Motorsports they won't have one till Wednesday.

After you get your tires done maybe we could plan a new nooby ride.... 

I'm thinking back way to Julian after fall season sets in for nice temps and pretty colors on the trees and landscape.

Well gentlemen, for once Amazon delivered early!! 👏 My tube arrived yesterday so I’ll call tomorrow about getting it to Coyote and changed out. I should be good to go for Saturday 👍👍

• Like 1

That's awesome . 

I picked up a puncture in my rear tube today because ptkatoomer was hot on my tracks and I went thru a thorn bush to try and evade him ... Psssssssss...Sprung a leak.  

Now I have to change my tube also.. good times..

Hi Robert, 

Glad to hear your gonna be plated soon. Your gonna open up a whole new world for yourself...

20 times as much trails and riding (if you know where to look)...

Yes Pio Pico , there is staging across the street also.

Is your 610 going to be plated? 

looked closer and answered my own question

What kind of honorarium can one such as myself expect if the invitation is accepted?  as I usually don't make public appearances before 10a.m. 

Dang heat...   Saturday still looks to hit around 90 in that area. 

Good thing we're doing this early.

16 hours ago, alphajack said:

What kind of honorarium can one such as myself expect if the invitation is accepted?  as I usually don't make public appearances before 10a.m. 

In honor of your joining before 10am I can offer you one complementary diagnosis from San Diego's finest Mobile Motorcycle Repair Service.  Or i will also will be carrying the pathogens for surviving  Covid-19 if you wanna become blood brothers that day .

Bub,  

There's two days that we shouldn't worry about .

Yesterday , with it's mistakes and heartaches (they are gone forever).

And Tomorrow, it has problems and possibilities, but until the sun rises on that day, it's unborn and unreal.

Today is the only day that matters:  Only when we add the burdens of those other two days are we likely to fail.

1 hour ago, 350thumper said:

Bub,  

And Tomorrow, it has problems and possibilities, but until the sun rises on that day, it's unborn and unreal.

Today is the only day that matters:  Only when we add the burdens of those other two days are we likely to fail.

Sound words....     :)

8 hours ago, 350thumper said:

In honor of your joining before 10am I can offer you one complementary diagnosis from San Diego's finest Mobile Motorcycle Repair Service.  Or i will also will be carrying the pathogens for surviving  Covid-19 if you wanna become blood brothers that day .

Bub,  

You're quite the philosophical poet, Thumper. I look forward to Saturday but I don't mind living through Friday to get there.

Cheers to the end of the week, ya'll. See you on Saturday. 

Hey thanks BH,

Some days I'm on point ,

IMG_20201002_103059626_1342.thumb.jpg.dbf39b3c89e15211f711efa7e6946628.jpg

And other days I might miss the mark.

Loooking forward to 7:45 am. Ksu 8:00.

• Like 1

Oh man. I just got activated on this forum today and just saw this. I've never been, but have dreamt about this ride for a long time and I'm close. Just got my bike and am wanting to get to know it, and this would be perfect. I can't do it tomorrow though. I hope another one of these happens again. I'm looking to gain some experience as I am a Noob for sure, but can't wait to meet some of you and learn.