Bub_Hannah

Would like to do a border fence ride and Tecate Peak...

5 hours ago, Bub_Hannah said:

....but don't want to do it alone.  Anyone thinking about doing this soon?     

Early tomorrow morning perhaps? 

Sorry guys... I checked in late...was away from technology for the day.      What time are you thinkin?

Can we set a date for this . I heard summer went by bye .

I prolly won't be spanking any one for another two weeks, but definitely willing.

Since I'm a "noob"....and don't really know the ins/outs of these routes, I'm looking for someone to take the lead here.   I'm open on dates.  I do work Mon-Friday so Sats/Suns are better for me.....but I'm sure those days are more "busy" on the trails.

5 hours ago, Bub_Hannah said:

Since I'm a "noob"....and don't really know the ins/outs of these routes, I'm looking for someone to take the lead here.   I'm open on dates.  I do work Mon-Friday so Sats/Suns are better for me.....but I'm sure those days are more "busy" on the trails.

I do this regularly to get to the desert floor. But most usually on weekdays to avoid the crowds. Let me know if you’re free a weekday.

This Saturday the desert temps are very low. 

When it's cool down there, I go take advantage.

I could do a newb ride in couple weeks around the Otay border area.

I  could do a border run over in ocotillo. 

A group was there trying to knock down the fence . I'm willing to ride out there and check it out.

Maybe they could use a little roosting  sauce 

3 hours ago, 350thumper said:

I  could do a border run over in ocotillo. 

A group was there trying to knock down the fence . I'm willing to ride out there and check it out.

Maybe they could use a little roosting  sauce 

A group on which side of the fence...lol

Smells like trouble.

Since noone ponied up to the bar on this....went myself today.

Wow...the views are amazing up there...you can see forever...pics don't do it justice.      Fun ride....

smaller.thumb.jpg.df8b2e4ed183439556e058a25d00d614.jpg

smaller2.thumb.jpg.f59de5acaa9d7b3a6a4b001b3705e80d.jpg

• Like 1

I love that ride, and the road up is pretty fantastic in a grundgy sort of way.  I'll likely plan a group ride for this route in January when my schedule clears a little.

From Tecate, did you ride the fence west until the road turned in and up to the peak?  Or did you scavenge some of the less civilized trails up the east side?

I will definitely join a group ride on this!     I came in from Tecate border crossing along the fence (dark blue route)   I tried to come in off of 94 (yellow circled part)...which Google Maps said I could do.  However, at the entry point off the 94, there is a sign that says no trespassing.  Arrrgghh.      I would have liked to do a little more exploring of the random trails I saw around there...but I didn't like being alone in that area.   ...and I'm still on 80/20 road tires so I have to be somewhat careful of where I go.   Coming down from the Peak gets a bit slippery on road tires in a couple of places....nothing really bad, just had to take my time.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/32.5789607,-116.6297633/32.5795069,-116.6890667/@32.5868318,-116.6749291,5092m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

2020-11-30_8-48-47.thumb.jpg.74a9918ae5e2c5536005e6f03df5d0c6.jpg

• Like 1

Your Blue route is the one I've taken.  Great for ADV bikes one and all.

The light blue line circled is marked "no trespassing" on the north end off of 94 while traveling south towards Tecate Peak although I suspect it is an easement.  It isn't marked at all from the other direction coming down from the peak going north so I only ride it in that direction. You never now when an angry homeowner with a gun will come out and hassle you.  It happened to me before in another area so always wary.

5 hours ago, Jlburgess said:

The light blue line circled is marked "no trespassing" on the north end off of 94 while traveling south towards Tecate Peak although I suspect it is an easement.  It isn't marked at all from the other direction coming down from the peak going north so I only ride it in that direction. You never now when an angry homeowner with a gun will come out and hassle you.  It happened to me before in another area so always wary.

Thanks for that info.    Yeah, I don't want to piss off any homeowners.