Suspenders

Xplor Forks - DIY 15min revalve ! Testers needed.

Yes the Gobblers do enhance the re-valve. But if you want the gobblers I will want to do a couple mods to your mid valves. No charge.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 9:26 AM, Suspenders said:

Robert,

Your fork is a full custom fork, one of three built with Noah getting the other two. First race with them won a Worcs event.

Gobbler will not fit that fork as your base is off the wall kinda crazy hand made different. And now the season is upon us so you may have to wait a while till we make the next run of improvements.

My suggestion get some xplor or open bath cartridges and build the Gobbler system and it will be better better than what you have.

thats what i thought no worries this thing is very controlled , I am still clicking softer COMP.... up front with no loss of control. She still does not get loose up front and has " impossible" bottoming resistance.

side track- Not a fork thing but I think we may open more HS on the shock for sharp rock hits, should I go out more on HSCD setting or move my other settings LSCD or REB?

Is the official release date 11/26/2020 for the gobbler?

Hopefully get a 300tpi soon and will be on board for some gobblers

Simicrintz just picked up his bike. They are already selling. I am installing two to four a week, enough to keep me running. Word is getting out from the prototype riders i guess. I am about a week out right now.

• Like 1

Just got back home; thank you, George!  I'm gonna give it a rip up the street and see if I can find a little dirt to get into nearby; I am excited!

Thank you again for everything!

• Like 1

Quick update (a month later!):  Ran up to Big Bear this morning and met up with half a dozen buddies (all experienced riders; 5 on KTM's and 2 on Betas). and did a quick 60 mile loop.  We started at Angelus Oaks and parked in the Post Office parking lot (here is a map of the route: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/5843-5837+Mountain+Home+Creek+Rd,+Angelus+Oaks,+CA+92305/34.1743469,-116.7534462/34.2259227,-116.813279/34.2218435,-116.8744405/34.2095353,-116.9447594/34.1520604,-116.9743162/@34.1333917,-117.0223399,12.25z/data=!4m23!4m22!1m5!1m1!1s0x80db4d5fd837e165:0xb219439251f59c9!2m2!1d-116.9824397!2d34.1483014!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-116.7685559!2d34.2156887!3s0x80db35342d9e47a7:0x66c18c514f1283c9!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-116.8395511!2d34.2238682!3s0x80c4b51e45240173:0x4a9f3b0208286c8a!1m0!1m0!1m0!3e0?hl=en&utm_medium=s2email&shorturl=1)

Mostly fire roads, but some rocky sections (or maybe sections with rocks).  My bike felt way more stable and planted, and I felt more confident than I ever have on this bike.  I got to mess around in quite a bit of different terrain (I rode sweep and could goof around a bit at the back) and just had a ball.  

Extremely happy with the setup, George; thank you for doing the work.  Where I liked the bike before, I absolutely love it now and can't wait to ride again!

Old fart ride.jpeg

• Like 1

Dunno who the other Wile E one might be, but I have been enjoying the benefits of the Gobbler system on my bike. I spent some this with these, including a few hours running up and down the identical trail many, many times. To be fair, I also had a new spring on the shock about the same time, but give it enough time to figure out the effect of the gobblers.

In short, much more "planted" a bit more confidence in the bike (wish I could state the same for the rider) and better steering. Yeah, I know, how does this make the steering better? I'm sure there's some explanation for it, and I don't have a clue what that might be.

I'll never go back. Cold, dead hands, etc.

These Gobbler Base valves are brilliant. Just a simple spring rate change and Gobbler base valve plug and play these adjustable base valves and my 2021 TE300i is much better. Fact is with all the extreme enduro DNA designed in it came stock working very very well , just a little under sprung for my weight. It's just great having the extra adjustability with the gobblers replacing the OEM non adjustable base valves.

• Like 1

I had George put a set on my 500 EXC. Haven't really had a chance to test them out yet. I'm hoping they'll help out in the Dez.

I have no idea what anyone is talking about nor do I think i am nearly fast enough to need this but I am an interested and for some in explicable reason feeling like i need these. 

1 hour ago, bboyle9 said:

I have no idea what anyone is talking about nor do I think i am nearly fast enough to need this but I am an interested and for some in explicable reason feeling like i need these. 

Doesn't matter so much about speed these work well for my single track bike which rarely gets above 3rd gear up sometimes also goes into high speed desert works everywhere

I agree; the improvement is noticeable throughout the range-these things rock!!

IMO,  the Gobs impart a number of adjectives; calm, planted, stability. My favorite phrase for George’s creation, they take the noise out of the front. Anything that can increase confidence in the front, is worth the price.  🎯

The 690 forks only certain years. The forks with the compression adjuster on the bottom of the forks will accept the Gobblers. There was a couple years that did not have the adjuster but they went back to the older style on the new models.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 9:38 PM, Suspenders said:

Yes the Gobblers do enhance the re-valve. But if you want the gobblers I will want to do a couple mods to your mid valves. No charge.

Looks like I am too late, I have a 21 KTM 300, how much are these?  

Again I restate having adjustable base valves is a added adjustment benefit. they are nice to have