350thumper

Sleeping with the Scorpions

Ocotillo is known for it's rough terrain and rugged beauty. Weather permitted a haze over the desert this weekend making the temps perfect for ADVenturing  and Moto camping.Screenshot_20200914-081740.thumb.png.50268a304d5dd7d0b0e04f8e63233d15.png

Ripped around through the thick dense sand, up ,down and all over the desert floor near ocotillo  , the conditions were really dry. Sand was deep. Every line was soft as butter.  Rode into the night looking for a mountain cliff to perch my camp onto. There must have been a billion stars all around.   The peace and solitude was a warm embrace, the winds carresed softly with a cool sensation that feels really good to be breathing.   That is the magic of Moto camping for me, is breathing the fresh desert air.

IMG_20200912_101525499.thumb.jpg.6d3cfe00656a6230fdc3817ce290368d.jpg

Got up before the crack of Dawn.  The sun came up through the hazy imperial morning with an orange glow that glistened over Rocky treacherous and unforgiving terrain . The cactuses seem to come alive with personality. With a closer reveal a rider finds out quick the sharp sensation the beautiful cacti can bring..

IMG_20200913_101908187.thumb.jpg.94e1f5c901b5f27ef71c1200486b2710.jpg

The beast and I were headed south and found a place to rest, at The Sand Bar. There's cool shade and places to sit and enjoy a cool beverage . IMG_20200913_102412682.thumb.jpg.ecab6a7088de5e9ce893ef75d9e08716.jpg

Met the waitress at the Sand Bar we kinda hit off pretty good right off the bat . We talked politics and girls for a good spell .

IMG_20200912_101344572_BURST001.thumb.jpg.9c1be3a7dec348766c817b9b8d133411.jpg

Rode on to find an awesome place to have spaghetti and fuel, and anthoer camp.   On 2nd morning after early am breakfast found water and headed west to Dos Cabeza.   I would really like to explore up the freeway a bit ... Maybe it will be cool again next weekend.

• Like 2

Your command of the English language-the prose, the way the words trip off the page-is to be admired.  One can only aspire to one day put similar thoughts to paper, creating a veritable cornucopia of imagery and mental stimulation.  Well done, Sir!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Your command of the English language-the prose,  the words trip off the page-is to be admired.  One can only aspire to one day put similar thoughts to paper, creating a veritable cornucopia of imagery and mental stimulation.  

My articulate manipulation of fabrications and deliberations reconfigure my appreciation for verbaciuos confrontation and exclamation that solely determinate my conclusive obligations of detrimentations to particular organizational habituals that migrate and discriminate against the opposing magistrate, which must be transcended through meditation and delegation, mitigating frustration in addition to avoiding termination of said communications and reluctant avoidance of the deterioration or proclamation of such societal moral imperatives.

23 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

Very nice Darren 👍👍

Thanks for sending good vibes..

22 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

Sounds like an awesome trip Darren

Hi thanks. You would of loved the views .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 350thumper said:

My articulate manipulation of fabrications and deliberations reconfigure my appreciation for verbaciuos confrontation and exclamation that solely determinate my conclusive obligations of detrimentations to particular organizational habituals that migrate and discriminate against the opposing magistrate, which must be transcended through meditation and delegation, mitigating frustration in addition to avoiding termination of said communications and reluctant avoidance of the deterioration or proclamation of such societal moral imperatives.

Personally, I am more of a "may I mambo dog faced through the banana patch" kinda guy......