Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Beat the heat/smoke afternoon ride 09/09/20

The weather app said that Wednesday was going to be the coolest day of  the week out at McCain, and it's true that it said that Boulevard was 76 degrees just after noon, yesterday.  I figured it would be a few degrees hotter out at the riding area,  so on a gamble, hoping that the air quality would also be nice, I headed out.

Got there around 3, and the skies were mostly blue, with a light breeze, and the staging area was empty.  I think the temperature was probably around 80-82 degrees, making conditions more closer to delightful than they had been for the past couple of months.  I frolicked around for a bit, putting on 20 miles or so, being grateful for, and just enjoying one of the last public riding areas that was still open during these terrible fires.  Mr. Flea was again my chosen trail weapon for the venue, and as always, he performed flawlessly.

Somewhere out on the trail, while I was stopped to take some pictures, I heard a couple  of other bikes making their way through a nearby route.  I never saw who it was though.  Back at the staging area, a couple of guys and a some kids were practicing their starts and cornering on their track bikes, but other than that, but other than that, I never encountered anybody out and about on the trails.

IMG_0108.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
20200909_163119.jpg?width=1920&height=10
20200909_163045.jpg?width=1920&height=10

IMG_0111.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Like 2

My Common sense would tell me . "Stay out of the brush" for some reason.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

My Common sense would tell me . "Stay out of the brush" for some reason.

Anybody's common sense would.  That's why I always stay on the trail and run a spark arrestor.  Also, two strokes seem to run cooler, especially their exhausts, than four strokes.  It's a win-win combination all the way around.

Nice write up! I went out the day after you and it was great. Temp never got above low 80's and I shared the place with two other riders for a few hours.

• Like 1

my crew (Tim D) was there early AM. (Not me) I was waiting for their report, thanks for yours

• Like 1