Mr.JAJA

Amphitheater to Jail in Otay

Does any one know if there is a dirt trail from the Amphitheater to the Otay Jail, coming out on the Alta Rd? I plane a 50/50 day ride and look for a good starting point.

I know the sheriff has been out there and is telling people there is no trespassing.

2 hours ago, CVRick said:

I know the sheriff has been out there and is telling people there is no trespassing.

I can see dirt roads around the fence line, Is this what the sheriff meant?

I was out there on my hi way licensed motorcycle and I was told the area is,  "off limits" or "no trespassing" ,and all OHV operators will be cited.

Yes. Here is the starting point 32.58587, -117.00187.

I believe this is a public road but not 100% sure. I've ridden it a few times with no problems. There are a lot of trails off of this road that you can take over to Alta. 

4 hours ago, CVRick said:

I was out there on my hi way licensed motorcycle and I was told the area is,  "off limits" or "no trespassing" ,and all OHV operators will be cited.

Agreed no ease access from the west anymore. Rick need a good weekend early am rips again when cools down.

On 8/28/2020 at 4:02 PM, Mr.JAJA said:

Does any one know if there is a dirt trail from the Amphitheater to the Otay Jail, coming out on the Alta Rd? I plane a 50/50 day ride and look for a good starting point.

Ride from pio pico, amphitheater is all " shut down"  unless you get creative

Ok, so no Amphitheater to Jail trail. But Otay Truck trail from the west to east is possible. I rode this before from the industrial area (ALTA Rd.) to Pio Pico.